ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

"Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?"

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

curiousja
India

Re: "Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?"

Post by curiousja » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:35 pm

Thanks, she will apply ILR on the basis of Tier 2 Dependent finishing 5 years. Do I need to sign form 2 even we don't have joint bank, or form 3 as I'm providing her the financial support?

Is it mandatory to show different addresses from 6 different sources?
We do have tenancy agreement, bank statements, can get letter from GP, and can request letter from Electricity company (as we don't get bill for prepaid), will that be enough? Not sure if I could use TV licence as well?

Thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: "Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?"

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:20 pm

curiousja wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:35 pm
Thanks, she will apply ILR on the basis of Tier 2 Dependent finishing 5 years. Do I need to sign form 2 even we don't have joint bank, or form 3 as I'm providing her the financial support?

Is it mandatory to show different addresses from 6 different sources?
We do have tenancy agreement, bank statements, can get letter from GP, and can request letter from Electricity company (as we don't get bill for prepaid), will that be enough? Not sure if I could use TV licence as well?

Thanks!
I assumed you are providing utility bills in joint names so yes you will sign part 2. Sign part 3 also for her.
4 sources are okay. Letter from GP, NHS letters, UK driving license, TV license, Virgin Media/Sky contract etc.
Tenancy agreement, council tax, bank statements are strong documents. You dont need to worry. Just add on top what you can arrange.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:52 pm

Thanks!

I hope it should be OK, as I have signed in my ILR A - No, B - No, as discussed earlier, and signed form1 only.
And when she apply, she will put Yes, Yes, as she is financially dependent on me and we will submit a utility bill as a proof of cohabitation.

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:45 am

Dear tier11417,

Thanks,

Please help me on this-

For my ILR, I'm also attaching the copy of accommodation contracts (with landlord and previos one with agency) as proof of residence in the UK which have my and my wife's name. I am attaching this as a proof of my residence and currently not attaching this as a proof of cohabitation (as now I'm applying for ILR alone). I believe this accommodation contract is different from joint name registered with a utility company (which I'm not using in my application).

So I believe following A, B will still be NO, NO-- Correct?

A. “Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?”
B. “Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?”

And considering this scenario, I will only sign Form 1-- Correct?

I would be very grateful if you could please provide your suggestion soon as I need to upload the documents.

Thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:47 pm

curiousja wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:45 am
Dear tier11417,

Thanks,

Please help me on this-

For my ILR, I'm also attaching the copy of accommodation contracts (with landlord and previos one with agency) as proof of residence in the UK which have my and my wife's name. I am attaching this as a proof of my residence and currently not attaching this as a proof of cohabitation (as now I'm applying for ILR alone). I believe this accommodation contract is different from joint name registered with a utility company (which I'm not using in my application).

So I believe following A, B will still be NO, NO-- Correct?

A. “Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?”
B. “Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?”

And considering this scenario, I will only sign Form 1-- Correct?

I would be very grateful if you could please provide your suggestion soon as I need to upload the documents.

Thanks!
I am not sure if tenancy agreement can be counted as a utility company also. If it does, and you are relying on any documents on joints names to fulfil your requirements I would say get your wife sign part 2 for you. You are just overthinking.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.