ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Rejected!!!!!!! - Maintenance Funds Reqt..

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

t1visa
Newly Registered

Tier1 Rejected!!!!!!! - Maintenance Funds Reqt..

Post by t1visa » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:58 pm

Hi All,
My Tier1 visa application from Chennai was rejected for the below reason.

The visa officer rejected saying that I've not provided updated bank statments showing maintenance funds. I had submitted my Uk Bank statements as proof. However since i got them posted to my indian address, it took additional 2 weeks.

Date of application - 29th May (thru VFS)

Documents submitted
1) Letter from UK Bank stating that i've more than 2800GBP FUnds from 6th Jan to 6th Apr.
2) Uk Bank statement (Original) from 6th Apr - 11th May)
3) I've also submitted a printout taken internet banking. (covering the remaining period)

I once read from the forum that it is okay to submit proofs with a gap of 3 weeks from the date of application.

All of the above docs show that i've more than 2800GBP. Still got rejected.
THe refusal letter also states that my application is also considered on the general grounds of refusal.
Can anyone please help. Will admin review work??

All other sections are awarded necessary points. Your help on this is highly appreciated.

Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:08 pm

Reading this would help you understand why you recieved a rejection.

Two weeks is a long time when it clearly mentions that the bank statement must show availability of funds for 3 months *immediately preceding the application*. That you maintain funds in UK is not the ECO's problem. You applied from India ... so you must follow procedures in force in india.
t1visa wrote:I once read from the forum that it is okay to submit proofs with a gap of 3 weeks from the date of application.
maybe it was indeed the case when that applicant made his application. Doesn't mean it will be vaild when you apply. Always best to check with official sources.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

coolguyIndia

Post by coolguyIndia » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:34 am

Hello sushdmehta,

I filed my application from MUmbai VFS on 15th May, I had provided a bank statement from 1st Feb to 30th April(signed on 3rd May by Bank Manager). I rcvd application rejection as I had three credit transactions (22/02/08, 04/04/2008 and 05/04/2008) and ECO considered first and last transaction dates as time period for calculating the time period of three months, kindly note that ECO made comments that I have sufficient funds for the period. I was worried about the time gap between the statement date and application date (10 days). To subtantiate the statement, I also provided the updated (10/05/2008) passbook along with the application and made a point in the cover letter about same.

I have applied for Admin review on 01/07/2008, wanted your opinion on this. I have made a proper explanation for the mistake being made by ECO.

What you think my chances are

Regards

sushdmehta wrote:Reading this would help you understand why you recieved a rejection.

Two weeks is a long time when it clearly mentions that the bank statement must show availability of funds for 3 months *immediately preceding the application*. That you maintain funds in UK is not the ECO's problem. You applied from India ... so you must follow procedures in force in india.
t1visa wrote:I once read from the forum that it is okay to submit proofs with a gap of 3 weeks from the date of application.
maybe it was indeed the case when that applicant made his application. Doesn't mean it will be vaild when you apply. Always best to check with official sources.

regards
Thanks & Best Regards

monakar
Newly Registered

Re: Tier1 Rejected!!!!!!! - Maintenance Funds Reqt..

Post by monakar » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:44 am

My hsmp - EC is also rejected for maintenance. I couldn't submit bank statement till application date as my money is in UK bank and it took 2 weeks to get bank statement in india

can anyone guide if Admin review will work.
my application was already approved in Feb 2008 from UK.

Please share your experiece..
t1visa wrote:Hi All,
My Tier1 visa application from Chennai was rejected for the below reason.

The visa officer rejected saying that I've not provided updated bank statments showing maintenance funds. I had submitted my Uk Bank statements as proof. However since i got them posted to my indian address, it took additional 2 weeks.

Date of application - 29th May (thru VFS)

Documents submitted
1) Letter from UK Bank stating that i've more than 2800GBP FUnds from 6th Jan to 6th Apr.
2) Uk Bank statement (Original) from 6th Apr - 11th May)
3) I've also submitted a printout taken internet banking. (covering the remaining period)

I once read from the forum that it is okay to submit proofs with a gap of 3 weeks from the date of application.

All of the above docs show that i've more than 2800GBP. Still got rejected.
THe refusal letter also states that my application is also considered on the general grounds of refusal.
Can anyone please help. Will admin review work??

All other sections are awarded necessary points. Your help on this is highly appreciated.

Regards

Manu345

Post by Manu345 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:01 am

For maintenence fund , VFS allows only 7 days gap between the last statement date and application.

coolguyIndia, can you please provide the rejection statement.
Are you sure the rejection is because the case worker took first transaction date as the start date?

Can limited transaction be a reason of rejection?

coolguyIndia

Post by coolguyIndia » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:37 am

Yes, he has clearly mentioned in the immigration notice that I have required funds from 22/02/2008 to 05/04/2008 and he has clearly indicated that I have required funds, also please note that I had given passbook updated 5 days before filing the application and statement was 10 days before the application... further my passbook clearly shows I have required funds from 16th Jan 2008 to 10th May 2008.... I have clearly mentioned about updated passbook in the application cover letter and now in the admin review application form.

Manu345 wrote:For maintenence fund , VFS allows only 7 days gap between the last statement date and application.

coolguyIndia, can you please provide the rejection statement.
Are you sure the rejection is because the case worker took first transaction date as the start date?

Can limited transaction be a reason of rejection?
Thanks & Best Regards

Manu345

Post by Manu345 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:47 am

coolguyIndia, your case is strong, hope for the best.

coolguyIndia

Post by coolguyIndia » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:56 am

thank you buddy... now those are words of encouragement... I just hope those guys realise that it is their mistake and overturn the decision in my favour.......

Regards
Manu345 wrote:coolguyIndia, your case is strong, hope for the best.
Thanks & Best Regards

Manu345

Post by Manu345 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:52 am

Coolguy, any update on admin review?

sdk07
Newly Registered

Tier1 Rejected!!!!! Maintenance funds requirement

Post by sdk07 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:36 am

Dear Friends,

I have applied for tier1 visa on may30,2008 and it has got rejected on June 30th . The rejection is due to insufficient evidence submittted in the maintenance section.

I have submitted three original Uk account(HSBC) bank statements from Feb 5 to May 5,2008 and from May 6 to May 30 , I have taken internet printout and attached with the application and sent it. I have shown enough amount of over 2800GBP in the bank statements.

Now the internet printout was not accepted and the refusal letter states that, the customer's name or the authenticated bank stamps was not there in the internet printout and so the application was rejected.

Now, I need ur help whether I can go for admin review or I should reapply again.

For the admin review, I can state the reasons that,

1.In the internet printout my surname was displayed clearly.
2. Regarding the bank stamps,My internet bank(HSBC)does not provide bank logos in the internet printouts.Also, As I have applied from India and my bank is in Uk, I could not get bank seals on the print out.And my next statement date is only due on 5th June,I could not provide the original bank statement till that date.
3.Now, I have got the original statement and if requested by admin reviewer, I can provide to prove that the internet printout is genuine.

If the admin review is not advisable on these grounds, then please help me whether I am eligible for my repplication.

If , I have to reapply, then I have to show my previous earnings from April 2007 to March 2008.
Q1. Whether the above period will be from 15 months immediatley before the application date, if I apply in this month(ie July'08)

Q2. My march 2007, month income was paid on April 3,2007 and the bank statement reflects that pay date. Can I include that march month pay in the previous earnings claimed if I claim earnings from April3 2007- March 31,2008.

Please apologise me if Q2 would be a silly one and please help on answering these questions. Also help me whether admin review is advisable or not.

Thanks and expecting your reply.

Regards,

Sdk07.

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:28 am

(For cross referencing only), see a similar case:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#180879
sdk07 wrote:For the admin review, I can state the reasons that,

1.In the internet printout my surname was displayed clearly.
2. Regarding the bank stamps,My internet bank(HSBC)does not provide bank logos in the internet printouts.Also, As I have applied from India and my bank is in Uk, I could not get bank seals on the print out.And my next statement date is only due on 5th June,I could not provide the original bank statement till that date.
3.Now, I have got the original statement and if requested by admin reviewer, I can provide to prove that the internet printout is genuine.
I am afraid all the reasons above are insufficient for an positive Admin Review.
1. You cant be identified by your surname alone.
2. If so, you could provide duplicate bank statements issued by HSBC bank which would have their logo on it.
Also being in India and not being able to produce UK statement in time is not UKBA's problem. (FYI, I don't think HSBC stamps any of their bank statements).
If your next statement date is 5 june you could have submitted intermediate bank statement.
3. No additional documents can be submitted for an Admin review. (There is nothing wrong and nothing to loose in trying for admin review with additional statement, if you have a bit of extra time, but I see that you have a weak case).

I have complete sympathy with your case, and I do understand that you have a genuine (and difficult) situation (being not able to produce intermediate UK Bank statement in India), but UKBA and India BHC are very adamant and strict in their approach regarding documents. (And this adamancy is earning them loads of money also 8) as a "by product" of trying to "protect UK Borders" and only "letting the most qualified persons" in UK)

Enough of ranting...
sdk07 wrote:If , I have to reapply, then I have to show my previous earnings from April 2007 to March 2008.
Q1. Whether the above period will be from 15 months immediatley before the application date, if I apply in this month(ie July'08 )

Q2. My march 2007, month income was paid on April 3,2007 and the bank statement reflects that pay date. Can I include that march month pay in the previous earnings claimed if I claim earnings from April3 2007- March 31,2008.
1. For application on 21 July 2008, last 15 months would be 21 April 2007 to 21 July 2008. (Just an example).

2. I don't think that you can include salary for month of March 2007 in the claim period of April 07 to March 08. (even if it is paid to you in April 2007).

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:13 pm

coolguyIndia,

Any updates on your admin review??

coolguyIndia

Post by coolguyIndia » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:34 pm

Not yet Sir......
CoolestGuyC wrote:coolguyIndia,

Any updates on your admin review??
Thanks & Best Regards

ukhsmp

Post by ukhsmp » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:51 am

Hi coolguyIndia,
As you mentioned there were deposits in your bank account within the last 3 months did u mention thos in the cover leter and provide the source of funds.Also how big was the credit transactions.when I enquired in the BHC they said that if there are any credit transactions within last 3 months we have to provide the source of funds.

sushdmehta,
Can u pls let me know if we have to show the source of deposit even for a small amount of 2500 Rs.when I already have the required maintenence funds.This amount was a Health insurance reimburesement amount.
ukhsmp

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:54 am

Can u pls let me know if we have to show the source of deposit even for a small amount of 2500 Rs.when I already have the required maintenence funds.This amount was a Health insurance reimburesement amount.
I dont think you need to explain source for such small amount. I guess source of funds is required only for large sums of money, e.g. > 50k , etc.

coolguyIndia

Post by coolguyIndia » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:47 am

no, I didnt mention anything abt source of the transactions and these were small txs only ....

ukhsmp wrote:Hi coolguyIndia,
As you mentioned there were deposits in your bank account within the last 3 months did u mention thos in the cover leter and provide the source of funds.Also how big was the credit transactions.when I enquired in the BHC they said that if there are any credit transactions within last 3 months we have to provide the source of funds.

sushdmehta,
Thanks & Best Regards

narsii

please clarify

Post by narsii » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:43 pm

Thank you mehta,

As per your suggestion , I have downloaded the policy guideline provided by the BHO/BIA from http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... yguide.pdf

It doesnt say any thing about the Evidence for Source of Income in case of Maintance funds.

I have gone thru many queries / replies in the Forum which say that they have provided the evidences of source of funds for the maintainace funds..

As per my understanding
1. There is no need to provide any document as evidence for the 2.5 L ( 2800 pounds ) in the account
2. The Evidence for the Source for the funds should be produced if there is any lumpsum amount [donno the amount] is credited in to the Account in the 3 months before the application ...

Please corect me if i am wrong .

Thanks in advance ,
Narsii.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:37 pm

It would have been better if you had posted your response in the same discussion topic where you posted your initial query! :o

There's no such thing as "Evidence for source of income in case of Maintance funds"! It is just "source of funds".

And that too only limited to credit / debit transactions in your bank account over the 3 month period that you'll use as evidence of maintenance funds. The old Tier 1 guidance (in use before 30-Jun) did mention the requirement to show source of funds. But I do not see it in the current version of the Tier 1 policy guidance. But it is always better to be well-prepared than be not-prepared!!

Provided the 2.5L transaction doesn't fall in the "3 month period", your understanding / interpretation is correct.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

basitali

Hello

Post by basitali » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:27 pm

So Sorry to hear that :(