ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Long Residence 10 year - 15 Aug

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shealau
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR - Long Residence 10 year - 15 Aug

Post by Shealau » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:39 am

Hi,

I am currently on my second spouse visa (valid from April), however my marriage is breaking down and I have to apply for ILR via the 10 year route.
I first entered the UK in September 2007, I have met all the eligibility requirements, however, it's only upon I paid for my application, then I was provided a checklist that I will need to prove my marriage with correspondences that have my spouse names and his passport detail. He has refused to sign the consent form now.

I have the scanned copy of his full current British passport, bills that I have provided to the home office and his previous signed consent form dated in end of March due to my previous marriage visa application just happened in March 2019.

We have not filed for divorce, nor have I received any notification of application letter. So I am still considered as married.

As he has refused to sign due to our marriage breaking down, I have the following questionss that I am quite concern about:
1) would it be against the law if I provide anything that is with his name or details or information without the signed consent form for home office to verify third party information (part 2)?

2) should I provide the previous signed form dated in Mar 2019 to prove that this marriage is genuine and breaks down recently?

3) should I remove every thing that contains his name in my application?

4) should I only provide related information that he has consented during March 2019 application?

5) I have been honest with the situation and always will be. I have got the genuine scanned copy of his passport proving his BC status however, I do not hold his hardcopy, will this affect?

6) if I cannot provide any correspondences like bills or joint account statements or his passport, would it be a good idea to provide whatsapp text messages history and photos of our history and social media posts?

My application is on Thursday 15 August however I am just very stressed and worried about this application due to this missing consent form.

Thank you in advance for all of your kind help.

Kamana
Hong Kong

Re: ILR - Long Residence 10 year - 15 Aug

Post by Kamana » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:30 am

Hi Shealau
I understand how stressful the situation could be, since you haven't revived a reply from senior members yet I thought it would be helpful if you read this for now.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-10y-rout ... l#p1812100

Shealau
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Shealau » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:23 pm

Kamana wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:30 am
Hi Shealau
I understand how stressful the situation could be, since you haven't revived a reply from senior members yet I thought it would be helpful if you read this for now.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-10y-rout ... l#p1812100

Thank you ever so much for providing the link. I am just trying my luck here... It was just stressful that it was not mentioned before I paid as well... But thank you for your help..

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:37 pm

As per my understanding.. you shall apply independently and do not need anything of and from ur spouse to apply for SET (LR)

Shealau
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Shealau » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:43 pm

aman90 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:37 pm
As per my understanding.. you shall apply independently and do not need anything of and from ur spouse to apply for SET (LR)

That was what I thought, however I have received a checklist of documents that I need to provide after I have confirmed and paid for the appointment. Which then mentioned the documents involving my partner.....

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:03 am

Ignore it.. stick to the pertinent only