ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship Application delayed 1 year

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oOCasperOo
United Kingdom

Slightly Confused we went with 3 year route and asked to provide 5 year residency ?

Post by oOCasperOo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:00 pm

Hi guys I hope some one can help us please. My wife is applying for British Citizenship cut long story short she has

1. English Language Certificate
2. Life in UK test pass paper
3. ELR

We are using 3 year route as she is married to me who is British. Before application she was asked to type in her NI number to make sure she has been in UK for 3 years everything was fine except they could not find anything for 2 month gap which we had to upload manually.

We uploaded everything online before her face-to-face interview with UKVCAS(Sopra Steria) which we actually paid for. After waiting over 3 months for the letter. We finally got letter asking her to provide proof of residency for 5 years as well as her English language and her life in UK test certificates.

Can some one please tell me if this is normal practice as mentioned above were are using 3 year route so why was she asked to provide 5 year residency proof and why was she asked to provide her English language and Life in UK test certificates ?

So what Exactly did we pay UKVCAS(Sopra Steria) if I have to provide all documents which was already provided and confirmed by UKVCAS(Sopra Steria) face-to-face member ?

Also final question I have if something happens do we get this £1500 fee back for British Citizenship I'm hoping everything will be fine but just wanted to know what happens to fee as it taken us while to save this up and it looks like too me someone's not doing their job or they would not be asking us to provide 5 year proof of residency where everything already done before.

I did ring UKV but they where not helpful all they said just provide proof they did not want to listen to the fact we're provided marriage certificate and she is married to British a citizen and we're are using 3 year route.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Slightly Confused we went with 3 year route and asked to provide 5 year residency ?

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:16 pm

We are using 3 year route as she is married to me who is British. Before application she was asked to type in her NI number to make sure she has been in UK for 3 years everything was fine except they could not find anything for 2 month gap which we had to upload manually.

We uploaded everything online before her face-to-face interview with UKVCAS(Sopra Steria) which we actually paid for. After waiting over 3 months for the letter. We finally got letter asking her to provide proof of residency for 5 years as well as her English language and her life in UK test certificates.

Can some one please tell me if this is normal practice as mentioned above were are using 3 year route so why was she asked to provide 5 year residency proof and why was she asked to provide her English language and Life in UK test certificates ?

So what Exactly did we pay UKVCAS(Sopra Steria) if I have to provide all documents which was already provided and confirmed by UKVCAS(Sopra Steria) face-to-face member ?
Was your spouse physically present on the same date 3 years ago as the date she applied online? If she was not, which is a mandatory requirement, HO might be checking her eligibility under the 5 year route. It really makes absolutely no difference which route she goes for, they both lead to exactly the same thing. Once is not more advantageous than the other. As she appears to be an EU citizen with EU Settled Scheme, HO can ask for proof of residence for the 5 years if they need to. They can also ask for any original documentation to be sent to them and are within their rights to do so. Note that the appointment at Sopra is NOT an 'interview' of a 'face to face' appointment with HO staff. UKCVAS Sopra is a third party agent who ONLY does document check and enroll biometrics for applicants.
Also final question I have if something happens do we get this £1500 fee back for British Citizenship I'm hoping everything will be fine but just wanted to know what happens to fee as it taken us while to save this up and it looks like too me someone's not doing their job or they would not be asking us to provide 5 year proof of residency where everything already done before.
If the application is refused, you lose the fee. You only get £80 back which is the ceremony fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

oOCasperOo
United Kingdom

Re: Slightly Confused we went with 3 year route and asked to provide 5 year residency ?

Post by oOCasperOo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:24 pm

Hi yes she was we not been out of country over 6 years and even then we only went to France for 5 days.

So to answer your question yes she was in country 3 years a go physically present.

So its normal for them to ask for this info even thou all of this was already done. ?

Thanks for your reply.
CR001 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:16 pm
Was your spouse physically present on the same date 3 years ago as the date she applied online?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:38 pm

Hi has the right to ask an applicant to submit original documents if they need to see them.

It does happen and many members have had the same requests for passports and/or other supporting documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

oOCasperOo
United Kingdom

Post by oOCasperOo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:05 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:38 pm
Hi has the right to ask an applicant to submit original documents if they need to see them.

It does happen and many members have had the same requests for passports and/or other supporting documents.
Hi Can I also please ask if bank statements and tv licence Bill's rent Bill's phone bills gas bills all accepted documents ?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:07 pm

Not for proof of residence no, bank statements arent.

P60s, payslips, council tax statements, official letters from DWP or HMRC etc would be.

Not utility bills though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

oOCasperOo
United Kingdom

Post by oOCasperOo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:34 pm

I sent of some bank statements as proof but for same month I sent off 3 to 5 different letters some where from DWP and from HMRC if others not sufficient enough would they write back and ask for more proof or would they just reject it ? Also when she typed in her NI number before the whole process started they confirmed her residency they only needed proof for 2 months they could not confirm which we sent.

So if documents sent is not sufficient would they write back ask for more proof?

Thank you

oOCasperOo
United Kingdom

British Citizenship Application delayed 1 year

Post by oOCasperOo » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:27 pm

Hi guys I need help
My wife has been waiting over 1 year now for her application. After 3 months of biometrics we got letter asking to provide 5 year proof of residency we are using 3 year route as she is married to me who is British.
After sending email to furtherenquiries they confirmed that they made mistake and they should only asked 3 year proof.

From there on we have been waiting for decision every month we request call hack to see if we can get any updates and every month we get told it's with decision maker. It's been over 1 year now and I just want to know if anyone has been waiting this long or if anyone has any advice what to do ?

Thank you