ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

legacy cases

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

FARIDjan

legacy cases

Post by FARIDjan » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:24 am

thank you,
Last edited by FARIDjan on Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Liberal Immigrant

Post by Liberal Immigrant » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:54 am

thanks.
Last edited by Liberal Immigrant on Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FARIDjan

legacy cases

Post by FARIDjan » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:27 am

Thank you for your reply, can you tell me what address should I write to, and any segestion, what writ to them. please let me know thank you very much.

Liberal Immigrant

Re: legacy cases

Post by Liberal Immigrant » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:05 am

FARIDjan wrote:Thank you for your reply, can you tell me what address should I write to, and any segestion, what writ to them. please let me know thank you very much.
ring them on this tel no: 02086041742

ask them if:

1. u r a legacy case
2. if so, the address of the team which is dealing with your case.

FARIDjan

legacy cases

Post by FARIDjan » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:16 pm

HI
I CALLED THIS NUMBER MANY TIMES BUT NO ONE ANSWER THE PHONE.
Last edited by FARIDjan on Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Liberal Immigrant

Post by Liberal Immigrant » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:25 pm

they usually answer that phone after a good 5-10mins of rings but if you have received the letter from LEgacy, then at the bottom of the letter it should state something like "CRT-S 18" or "CRT-L 10".

S teams are usually in croydon
L teams are in liverpool
and so on.

but if the letter doesnt state the address of the Legacy team which is specifically dealing with your file, then the only way of finding out the address is thru ringing the above telephone number.

FARIDjan

Post by FARIDjan » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:55 am

THE PHONE RINGS AND RINGS, NO ONE PICK UP THE PHONE, AFTER A WHILE THE PHONE DISCONECT

ANY ADVICE WHAT SHOULD I WRITE TO THEM, LET ME KNOW PLEASE THANK YOU.
Last edited by FARIDjan on Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 4444 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:14 am

hie FARIDjan

have you got a family in the UK or are yu married to a settled spouse or you are single. if you are married to someone settled here this make your ties to the UK stronger coz from what i have heard ,the stronger the ties the more likely you will get ILR under the case resolution programme.

FARIDjan

Post by FARIDjan » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:24 pm

NO,
Last edited by FARIDjan on Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sent
Newly Registered

Post by sent » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:13 pm

Hi Liberal Immigrant

Could u tell us whether you are a single case or not, my entry date and the rest of dates are exactly like yours, the only thing i got from them is the standard letter. Would you mind sharing how did u go about contacting them and a sort general idea of the content of your letter, and also how long did all this take? Did you use a solicitor at all?

Thanks in advance.

Liberal Immigrant

Post by Liberal Immigrant » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:41 pm

came with family but was treated as a separate adult all along bcoz i was over 18 when i landed in the UK. family was later granted stay under EC law (nothing2do with asylum/legacy).

my MP's 2 letters did the trick! in response to the 1st letter the HO confirmed i was legacy case and that i ll be dealt with by 2011. thereafter i convincned MP with my letters to write to HO again. this time the HO sent a letter saying due to my unique circumstances i will now be treated as a priority and they asked for 4 photos. thereafter ILR came thru in the next few weeks.

in the meantime i had been writing to the HO very strongly about my Art 8 grounds i.e. my almost 10 years in the UK, how my case had been mishandled by reps, my studies here, my family here.

i personally think the MP's letter + my Art 8 grounds letter made the difference, they didnt even send me a questionnaire, just sent the ILR.

sent
Newly Registered

Post by sent » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:13 pm

Thanks Liberal Immigrant

Sounds like your case is more or less identical to mine, I am a single case, came early 99 as minor at the time, same thing, its has been going on for over 9 and half years now, and your dates are very close to mine in terms of rejection and beyond, have alot of british citizen family here, and also studied upto masters degree from high school.

If you dont mind could you let me know more about the MP's follow up, and also your letter as I am doing the same. Already home office has mis-handled the case, and want to get this resolved as quickly as possible, have asked the MP and the solicitors to act quickly.

Thanks in advance

Optimistic
Newly Registered

Post by Optimistic » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:04 pm

Liberal Immigrant wrote:hi

i claimed asylum in 1999, refused in 2002, appealed on HR basis in 2004 which was pending until 2008.

i got my MP involved in 2008, initially i received a standard letter saying i ll be dealt with by 2011 but i pressured them again thru MP and thru my own HR letters and they sent a letter last month asking me 4 photo! they didnt send any questionnaire or anything.

then out of nowhere, i received ILR last week from legacy team on the basis of "ties to the UK and Art 8 grounds".

i suggest u start writing them to them!
hi liberal immigrant.. first many congratulation,

well my case is all most same like u, i came in uk in dec 1998, and applied for asylum, and i have been working for few years n been payin tax, i didnt hear anything from home office till april 2003, and then they send me a letter sayin that ur case is still under consideration n i u have to wait for decision, again i request them to send me a up to date about my case n they send me a letter this year couple of months ago that ur asylum case is still under consideration n u have to wait..

as u mentioned i rang to home office to see if my case comes under legacy, they have confirmed that my case is under legacy n also they gave me the address,

i wrote to my local MP n explain him that i been here since 1998 n my asylum case is still under consideration n i been payin tax n dont have any criminal conviction either, and i have also passed LIFE IN THE UK test.

after 2 day i recieved a letter from my MP n he said is the letter that he has made an urgent representation on my behalf to the Chief Executive of border n immigration agency and wen i will recieve any copy from them i will keep in touch with u..

its almost 2 weeks since i recieved letter from my MP, so please tell me after how long do i have to write him again, n wot shall i write him,

its almost 10 years waiting, i dont wots gonna happen, is it better idea to write to MP again or shall i wait for a bit or shall i write to legacy team.

ur reply will be much appreciated.

Thanks

blackskinn
Newly Registered

Post by blackskinn » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:09 am

sent wrote:Thanks Liberal Immigrant

Sounds like your case is more or less identical to mine, I am a single case, came early 99 as minor at the time, same thing, its has been going on for over 9 and half years now, and your dates are very close to mine in terms of rejection and beyond, have alot of british citizen family here, and also studied upto masters degree from high school.

If you dont mind could you let me know more about the MP's follow up, and also your letter as I am doing the same. Already home office has mis-handled the case, and want to get this resolved as quickly as possible, have asked the MP and the solicitors to act quickly.

Thanks in advance
it would be appreciated if you could share info on what to write about in our letters to the legacy team.

Liberal Immigrant

Post by Liberal Immigrant » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:14 am

firstly, i would suggest that you wait for a reply from the HO, lets see what they say. it usually takes the HO 3-5 weeks to reply to an MP (the target they have set themselves is 6 weeks).

But wot i would strongly recommend you 2 do is that ask your MP to ask the HO in his letter as to whether the HO has started dealing with single asylum seekers? if so, why on earth has ur case not been prioritised despite having come as a minor and lived here for 10 years.

you see, it is points like these which puts the HO on the backfoot and forces them to prioritise people. in my case, there was a masshive 5 year delay in my HR appeal, it was still outstanding at the time of the MP correspondence and so the HO were apologetic in their letter saying they were to prioritise me now (though they didnt say why, but i assumed it was bcoz of the MP, 5-year delay, my 10years stay + strong Art 8 grounds).
Last edited by Liberal Immigrant on Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Liberal Immigrant

Post by Liberal Immigrant » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:24 am

blackskinn wrote:

Thanks in advance
it would be appreciated if you could share info on what to write about in our letters to the legacy team.
ok, this is how i see it:

dont talk about asylum etc and how ur life is being threatened back home IF U R A FAILED ASYLUM SEEKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is bcoz:

1. if u have exhausted ur "asylum" appeals, then there is no point banging on about it, u have lost the asylum case, simple as that.

2. LEGACY teams were brought in to deal with those people who have strong Article 8 grounds and so it will be waste of taxpayers money goin thru the courts dealing with their Art 8 appeals.

therefore, you should write as clearly as possible about your article 8 i.e.:

how long u ve been here for, how u have INTEGRATED in the UK society, how u consider urself as a person settled here, yr house being here, ur family, ur children, your parents/siblings, your education being here, your accent being british, your charity work.

talk about your good character, how u dont have a criminal record and how u want to return something to the country and be a taxpayer and not a burden on the society!

my letters were 2 sides of A4. dont bore them with longggggggggggggg stories about asylum, threats, money problems etc, they are not interested in that. they are interested in seeing how difficult it will be to remove u in light of the strength of your article rights.

Liberal Immigrant

Post by Liberal Immigrant » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:27 am

also provide evidences in the letters i.e. attach copies of academic certificates (if you have any), copy of marriage certificate (if any).

bak it up with evidence, anything and everything helps.

also, if u have letters from well reputed people e.g. i had a letter from my college lecturer saying how bright i am and how i will do well in exams and will contribute to the british society! it helps!

blackskinn
Newly Registered

Post by blackskinn » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:33 pm

Could i pliz get help on how to write on articles 8 in the letter to CRD

blackskinn
Newly Registered

Post by blackskinn » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:34 pm

PLEASE guys HELP

Post by 4444 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:05 pm

hie blackskinn

are you married to a british citizen or someone settled here. if you do not have a family in UK then you do not qualify under article 8(family life). have you got any outstanding further representations with the HO or not. you need to tell us everything about your case so we can help you

FARIDjan

Hi Libral immigrant

Post by FARIDjan » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:23 pm

how long it took .
Last edited by FARIDjan on Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

blackskinn
Newly Registered

Post by blackskinn » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:59 am

4444 wrote:hie blackskinn

are you married to a british citizen or someone settled here. if you do not have a family in UK then you do not qualify under article 8(family life). have you got any outstanding further representations with the HO or not. you need to tell us everything about your case so we can help you
i'm a GAY failed asylum seeker who got no family in the uk,i live with friends who are my pillar and strength thru these rough times.yes i have outstanding representations which where submitted last year based on new eveidence. i'm from zimbabwe so i'm scared especially with the current situation in my homeland.

Post by 4444 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:08 am

hie baclskinn

you case is a little clearer now. basically you do not have any claim under article (8) family life since you do not have a family in UK. wat you can do now is to write to your legacy team asking about the progress of your outstanding further representation. the good thing about your case is that you are from zimbabwe and sadly worse things happen over there hence you can push them really hard knowing that you cannot be removed.

Liberal Immigrant

Re: Hi Libral immigrant

Post by Liberal Immigrant » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:01 pm

FARIDjan wrote:how long it took from the first letter you send to HO untill you get your ILR. and did you get all the corespondence throuhg your MP or striaght to your address from the HO. IF you can let me, thank you very much.
1st letter sent January
other letters exchanged in between and then
ILR received in April.

HO asked for photos directly but explained things to MP in response to his letters.

Optimistic
Newly Registered

Post by Optimistic » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:11 pm

Liberal Immigrant wrote:
blackskinn wrote:

Thanks in advance

ok, this is how i see it:

dont talk about asylum etc and how ur life is being threatened back home IF U R A FAILED ASYLUM SEEKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is bcoz:

1. if u have exhausted ur "asylum" appeals, then there is no point banging on about it, u have lost the asylum case, simple as that.

2. LEGACY teams were brought in to deal with those people who have strong Article 8 grounds and so it will be waste of taxpayers money goin thru the courts dealing with their Art 8 appeals.

therefore, you should write as clearly as possible about your article 8 i.e.:

how long u ve been here for, how u have INTEGRATED in the UK society, how u consider urself as a person settled here, yr house being here, ur family, ur children, your parents/siblings, your education being here, your accent being british, your charity work.

talk about your good character, how u dont have a criminal record and how u want to return something to the country and be a taxpayer and not a burden on the society!

my letters were 2 sides of A4. dont bore them with longggggggggggggg stories about asylum, threats, money problems etc, they are not interested in that. they are interested in seeing how difficult it will be to remove u in light of the strength of your article rights.

Liberal Immigrant
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:27 am Post subject:
[b]also provide evidences in the letters i.e. attach copies of academic certificates (if you have any), copy of marriage certificate (if any).

bak it up with evidence, anything and everything helps.

also, if u have letters from well reputed people e.g. i had a letter from my college lecturer saying how bright i am and how i will do well in exams and will contribute to the british society! it helps!
[/b]

hi liberal immigrant,

well as i told u i been here since des 98 as asylum seeker n didnt get ne refusal of my case, n my case is still under consideration for past 10 years,

i been payin tax for few years, then got different certificate from different security companies, plus did a course in Air Ticketing n terrif, n also passed my LIFE IN THE UK TEST,

wot do u think if i post them photo copies of all these documents including the letter i recieved from my MP that will help me to get ILR?

as i have already wrote my MP n i have been told that my case is under lagacy case.

Thanks,