ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for EEA family Resident card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

becky75
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Applying for EEA family Resident card

Post by becky75 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:33 pm

Hello Everyone , I have been reading this forum for several times and I have found it very helpful information to others who has a similar cases. :)
However,
I just got My EEA family permit visa ( 6 months) few days ago.
My husband is Polish and His status in the UK now is as Indefinite leave to remain ( he had UK permanent resident already) but before brexit happening , He has applied for EEA UK settlement therefore He got a scheme authentic Number.
My advice to everyone non EEA national and have married to EEA National, this Scheme number is so much help to our application to be granted as 1 year ago my visa application have been refused.

while I was waiting for quite long to get my passport back ( did called and sent email with paid fee first just to get the info of my passport status) and it was so much stressful i guess everyone facing this matters as well while waiting for the decision to be made.
my time frame :
Biometric: 2 July 2019
received email from UK clearance : 3 July 2019
received email from TLS : 6 Aug 2019
passport received : 7 Aug 2019 (visa stamped on 18 July 2019)
as you can see it took only 2 weeks for my visa decision but they were so slow in passport returning processing .

My question is : if anyone might advice me WHEN and HOW can I apply the UK resident card ones I enter the the UK . I will fly to London on 4 Sept '19. so exited :)

any advises would so much appreciate
Thank you in advance

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Applying for EEA family Resident card

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:20 pm

Hello

Once you arrive in the country, you can apply for the EU Settlement Scheme. More info here:

https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families

In practice, it will take you some days to get your National Insurance Number, register with NHS, open a bank account and similar things (they are not required for the Scheme but it will give you some evidence of address and being in the country).

The application is easy and done online. You have until the expiration of your 6 months visa to apply (in theory even beyond but it's better to apply while your visa is valid).

bwunmi
United Kingdom

Post by bwunmi » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:58 pm

becky75 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:33 pm
Hello Everyone , I have been reading this forum for several times and I have found it very helpful information to others who has a similar cases. :)
However,
I just got My EEA family permit visa ( 6 months) few days ago.
My husband is Polish and His status in the UK now is as Indefinite leave to remain ( he had UK permanent resident already) but before brexit happening , He has applied for EEA UK settlement therefore He got a scheme authentic Number.
My advice to everyone non EEA national and have married to EEA National, this Scheme number is so much help to our application to be granted as 1 year ago my visa application have been refused.

while I was waiting for quite long to get my passport back ( did called and sent email with paid fee first just to get the info of my passport status) and it was so much stressful i guess everyone facing this matters as well while waiting for the decision to be made.
my time frame :
Biometric: 2 July 2019
received email from UK clearance : 3 July 2019
received email from TLS : 6 Aug 2019
passport received : 7 Aug 2019 (visa stamped on 18 July 2019)
as you can see it took only 2 weeks for my visa decision but they were so slow in passport returning processing .

My question is : if anyone might advice me WHEN and HOW can I apply the UK resident card ones I enter the the UK . I will fly to London on 4 Sept '19. so exited :)

any advises would so much appreciate
Thank you in advance
Congratulations.
Please if I may ask
What document did you submit for the application please.

becky75
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by becky75 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:02 pm

Hi Zerubbabel,
Thank you so much for the information ... fully appreciated it :)

becky75
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by becky75 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:16 pm

Hi bwunmi,
actually I didn't submit to much documents as lots of people did ( only what they requires in online )
when I was waiting so long I thought ...i will get refused as I did not submit proven of our photograph , chat history etc
However , I wrote long letter of our relationship from beginning and I also put on big note that I fully confident to provide all evidence they would need it upon they request.

I guess writing a cover letter with the truth story of relationship with the EEA national member its really help
here the documents I ve submitted :
-Passport
-ID
-marriage certificate ( legalized by my country embassy and by Minister foreign affair )
-cover letter from my self as applicant
-Invitation letter from my husband

good luck to you

bwunmi
United Kingdom

Post by bwunmi » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:50 am

becky75 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:16 pm
Hi bwunmi,
actually I didn't submit to much documents as lots of people did ( only what they requires in online )
when I was waiting so long I thought ...i will get refused as I did not submit proven of our photograph , chat history etc
However , I wrote long letter of our relationship from beginning and I also put on big note that I fully confident to provide all evidence they would need it upon they request.

I guess writing a cover letter with the truth story of relationship with the EEA national member its really help
here the documents I ve submitted :
-Passport
-ID
-marriage certificate ( legalized by my country embassy and by Minister foreign affair )
-cover letter from my self as applicant
-Invitation letter from my husband

good luck to you
Thanks so much for your help