ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation approval letter not reaching the recipient - NEW UKVCAS online system

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

romrom_86
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Naturalisation approval letter not reaching the recipient - NEW UKVCAS online system

Post by romrom_86 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:55 pm

Just wanted to know, what happens if the naturalisation approval letter doesn't reach the recipient (lost in transit)? I know home office won't reply on the progress of the application until six months from the date of application.

Does any one have any experience where they contacted homeoffice after six months and found out that the application was actually approved long time ago but never received the approval letter?

This question was previously posted in a different and old forum, however I wanted to know how it works with the new UKVCAS online system. Is there any way to find out if I have been sent any letters, which might be lost, or if I still need to wait for it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation approval letter not reach the recipient - NEW UKVCAS online system

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:56 pm

Ukcvas is only a third party agent. They have no influence or access to your application. That remains solely with HO and you need to contact HO for information.

Approvals can also take more than 6 months. Some members have been waiting for more than a year, one waiting member since 2016.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

romrom_86
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation approval letter not reach the recipient - NEW UKVCAS online system

Post by romrom_86 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:27 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:56 pm
Ukcvas is only a third party agent. They have no influence or access to your application. That remains solely with HO and you need to contact HO for information.

Approvals can also take more than 6 months. Some members have been waiting for more than a year, one waiting member since 2016.
Thank you CR001 for your quick reply. By UKVCAS online system I meant to point to the current situation in 2019. So if HO sent the approval letter and we wouldn't receive it, what would happen? What is the best terms of action to take in such situations?

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation approval letter not reaching the recipient - NEW UKVCAS online system

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:30 pm

Nothing has changed in regards to the processing and times for naturalisation. It is only the application method that has changed.

You need to contact ho. Ukcvas has nothing to do with outcomes and are not ho staff

Assuming your application was approved, have you thought to contact the council yet to ask if they have your details?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

romrom_86
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation approval letter not reaching the recipient - NEW UKVCAS online system

Post by romrom_86 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:34 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:30 pm
Nothing has changed in regards to the processing and times for naturalisation. It is only the application method that has changed.

You need to contact ho. Ukcvas has nothing to do with outcomes and are not ho staff

Assuming your application was approved, have you thought to contact the council yet to ask if they have your details?
I have not contacted the council. So if I contact the council, which was selected for my ceremony, you assume they can verify if my application has been approved? I thought they would not give out any details without any reference number or such.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:41 pm

Simply ask them if they have received your details and certificate from HO as you are concerned that the approval letter has been lost.

Note also that if you were approved, you would have received a separate ceremony invitation letter.

If you have received nothing, then the likelihood is that your application is still be considered.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:40 pm

romrom_86 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:55 pm
Just wanted to know, what happens if the naturalisation approval letter doesn't reach the recipient (lost in transit)? I know home office won't reply on the progress of the application until six months from the date of application.

Does any one have any experience where they contacted homeoffice after six months and found out that the application was actually approved long time ago but never received the approval letter?

This question was previously posted in a different and old forum, however I wanted to know how it works with the new UKVCAS online system. Is there any way to find out if I have been sent any letters, which might be lost, or if I still need to wait for it.
Yes, it happened with me. I was waiting for my approval letter and I did email Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk chasing up and got soft copy of approval letter via email from them.

romrom_86
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by romrom_86 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:38 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:41 pm
Simply ask them if they have received your details and certificate from HO as you are concerned that the approval letter has been lost.

Note also that if you were approved, you would have received a separate ceremony invitation letter.

If you have received nothing, then the likelihood is that your application is still be considered.
Thank you for your prompt reply.

apsk wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:40 pm
romrom_86 wrote:

Yes, it happened with me. I was waiting for my approval letter and I did email Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk chasing up and got soft copy of approval letter via email from them.
Thank you for your reply. May I know if you emailed them within the 6 months of your application date, or was it after 6 months of not hearing from them? Thanks

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:33 am

romrom_86 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:38 am
CR001 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:41 pm

Thank you for your prompt reply.

apsk wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:40 pm
romrom_86 wrote:

Thank you for your reply. May I know if you emailed them within the 6 months of your application date, or was it after 6 months of not hearing from them? Thanks
It was perhaps in 2nd month from my application in May this year.

jellyfish1029
Newly Registered
China

Post by jellyfish1029 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:46 am

Hello apsk,

May I please to ask you about what you wrote in the e-mail to ask your application? Many thanks.

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:00 pm

jellyfish1029 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:46 am
Hello apsk,

May I please to ask you about what you wrote in the e-mail to ask your application? Many thanks.
Actually, I requested them to send my approval letter to sent electronically as due to some Royal mail issue I am missing my posts.

jellyfish1029
Newly Registered
China

Post by jellyfish1029 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:48 pm

Hello apsk,

thank you for your reply. So in the end, did you also receive approved letter by post?
Btw, how long did you wait for their response when you e-mail to the citizenship.support group?

Double thanks

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:17 pm

jellyfish1029 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:48 pm
Hello apsk,

thank you for your reply. So in the end, did you also receive approved letter by post?
Btw, how long did you wait for their response when you e-mail to the citizenship.support group?

Double thanks
Yes, I got approval letter in post after 2 weeks of electronic copy via email. And I got response from Home office via email in 2 weeks