ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shaunier
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by shaunier » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:31 pm

Hi everyone - newbie here and have been catching up on all the posts - a lot to go through!

My application through descent of parents/ grandparents was received on 4th October 2018, sent from the UK. Since receiving the email on that date to say it has been received, I have heard nothing.

Do you think it will take much longer for it to be confirmed? Or anyone know the current timescales? I read people sending in September 2018 who have just been confirmed but any help anyone can give would be appreciated! X

BrexitEscapee
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by BrexitEscapee » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:03 pm

shaunier wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:31 pm
Hi everyone - newbie here and have been catching up on all the posts - a lot to go through!
I read people sending in September 2018 who have just been confirmed but any help anyone can give would be appreciated! X
Have a look at the list on p45 of this thread.

shaunier
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by shaunier » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:01 pm

BrexitEscapee wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:03 pm
shaunier wrote:
I read people sending in September 2018 who have just been confirmed but any help anyone can give would be appreciated! X
Have a look at the list on p45 of this thread.
Thank you. Also assume no one else heard anything until the point of it being actually confirmed?

usczkat
Mood:
United States of America

Post by usczkat » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:33 pm

Thank you. Also assume no one else heard anything until the point of it being actually confirmed?
[/quote]

It does appear that way for most of us. Some have been contacted for clarification purposes.
I believe that there have been a couple people that have recently recieved their certificate and they did not receive an email beforehand.
Good luck to you.

I am 11 months and 3 weeks into the wait. This board has helped a lot, knowing there are many others waiting, some longer, some much shorter timeframes. So glad I didn't have to do it without finding you all here.

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:21 pm

cbizzle415 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:28 am
Did that work though? I'd rather not spend time/money on something that isn't required.
I'll know next year! You can just call and ask them. Didn't cost me a dime to notarize since my bank does it for free.

jim

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:24 pm

costus wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:03 am
Hi All
I am one of the Sep 2018 applicants I received this generic email yesterday.

OFFICIAL NOTICE: IRISH CITIZENSHIP APPROVED/GRANTED - APPLICATION IN QUEUE FOR CERTIFICATE PRINTING

Dear FBR applicant,

Please be advised that your Irish citizenship by descent application has been completed successfully. Your name has been entered onto the Foreign Birth Register and from the date of entry you have become an Irish Citizen. However due restructuring and the introduction of the new more secure certificates; there is a delay in the issuance of certificates. Citizenship certificates production is only done in Ireland.

Your application is in line to be printed but due to very high volumes globally we cannot give you a specific time for when these will be ready. Once we have received the printed certificates back from Ireland you will be notified.

Kindly note that you will not be able to apply for an Irish passport until you have received your certificate.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Congrats!!! Keeps us posted about how long until you actually get it.
jgclancy

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:02 am

shaunier wrote:

My application through descent of parents/ grandparents was received on 4th October 2018, sent from the UK. Since receiving the email on that date to say it has been received, I have heard nothing.

Do you think it will take much longer for it to be confirmed? Or anyone know the current timescales? I read people sending in September 2018 who have just been confirmed but any help anyone can give would be appreciated! X
Current timescales are circa the 12 month mark. I would not expect to hear anything for another couple of months. We still have a host of August and September applicants that are waiting and added to this, there seems to be a a backlog with printing of certificates recently.

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:03 am

tom_bcfc wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:15 am
Hi Sulla

Please add me to your extended list , application sent from England direct to Balbriggan,
received in Balbriggan Co.Dublin 12/03/19 .

Online application - 06/03/19
Application Received - 12/03/19
All other stages of process - Pending

Many thanks
Added in. Thanks for sharing your info with us.

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:07 am

costus wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:03 am
Hi All
I am one of the Sep 2018 applicants I received this generic email yesterday.

OFFICIAL NOTICE: IRISH CITIZENSHIP APPROVED/GRANTED - APPLICATION IN QUEUE FOR CERTIFICATE PRINTING

Dear FBR applicant,

Please be advised that your Irish citizenship by descent application has been completed successfully. Your name has been entered onto the Foreign Birth Register and from the date of entry you have become an Irish Citizen. However due restructuring and the introduction of the new more secure certificates; there is a delay in the issuance of certificates. Citizenship certificates production is only done in Ireland.

Your application is in line to be printed but due to very high volumes globally we cannot give you a specific time for when these will be ready. Once we have received the printed certificates back from Ireland you will be notified.

Kindly note that you will not be able to apply for an Irish passport until you have received your certificate.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Congratulations Costus on making it onto the register. I'm not sure what they mean in terms of time-frames for this printing backlog, but I hope it is not on the same level as the printing delay I faced.

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:12 am

cbizzle415 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:04 am
Hello all,

So I keep reading conflicting information on this. My witness (credit union manager) signed my application form today and my photos. They also signed and dated the back of the photocopy of my passport. Is this sufficient to certify it as a true copy of the original or should I get it notarized? The same question for my mother's passport copy. The directions are not entirely clear.

Thank you and good luck to everyone.
There have been several previous cases where an applicant had the photocopy of their ID certified as a true copy by the witness to their application and experienced no issues. Strictly speaking, the guidance notes do suggest official notarization is required. However, it does seem that, as long as your witness type is on the qualifying approved witness list, then the witness signing the ID copy is accepted. I would recommend having your witness sign the front of the copy - obviously without obscuring any part of the image.

Notarization can be expensive in some jurisdictions. However, if you want 100% peace of mind on this front, that is the route you should go down.

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:18 am

The list as it now stands. Any omissions or clarifications, please let me know.

May 2018 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2018.
Jacqui309 – received May 15th / Pending
Emma86 – received May 30th (Added to FBR November 20th 2018)

June 2018 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2018.
Ben321 – received mid-June / Pending (coming soon)
Cindy – received June 14th / Pending
156Nathan – received June 16th (Added to FBR November 14th 2018)

July 2018 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2018.
Brawn – received July 2nd (Added to FBR March 13th 2019)
Jpauls – received July 12th (Added to FBR November 13th 2018)
Nick1066 _ received July 18th online date (Added to FBR November 14th 2018)
BostonCeltics – received July 20th (Added to FBR November 15th 2018)
Stephen F – received July 20th 2018 (Added to FBR unknown / Certificate received January 10th 2019)
Samantha – received July 22nd / (Added to FBR July 2nd 2019) Thai Case
James_mcfc – received July 25th (Added to the FBR November 27th 2018)
Rbs3 – received July 27th (Added to FBR March 26th 2019)
Rdslight – received July 31st (Added to FBR – unknown / Certificate received June 3rd 2019)
Richard – received July 31st (added to FBR March 10th 2019)

August 2018 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2018.
Oction – received August 1st (Added to FBR July 11th 2019)
Sean – received August 2nd (Added to FBR December 19th 2018)
Spav – received August 3rd (Added to FBR December 11th 2018)
Amcbamcb – received August 8th (Added to FBR May 17th 2019)
Hol292 – received August 10th (Added to FBR July 5th 2019)
Sulla – received August 14th (Added to FBR November 28th 2018) Chinese Case
LeifRNR – received August 14th Added to FBR July 17th 2019)
Laurie – received August 15th / Pending
NYNJ – Received August 16th 2018 / Pending
Valiant – Received August 16th 2018 / Pending
Michael – received August 21st / (Added to FBR June 7th 2019)
Donna – received August 21st / (Added to FBR June 7th 2019)
Upliam _ received August 22nd / Pending
USczKat – received August 23rd / Pending
SonicBoom – received August 28th / Pending
Pumps100 – received August 29th / Pending
MaddeningBike – received August 30th / Pending
Nydccub – received August 31st / Pending

September 2018 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2018.
Court2 - received September 1st / Pending
Oshma – received September 4th / Pending
Clongwill – received September 6th / Pending
Fillio39 – received September 11th / Pending
Costus – received September 14th / Pending (awaiting printing)
Spike – received September 20th / Pending
Wims - received September 24th / Pending
Mozza75 – received September 25th / Prending
Kkjak - received September 27th / Pending
Sqimandy - received September 27th / Pending
LesMalouinettes- received September 27th / Pending
Aion - received September 27th / Pending
MaryO – received September (unspecified date) / Pending

October 2018 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2018.
Shaunier – received October 4th / Pending
Theonlyh- received October 9th / Pending
Marwin – received October 15th / (Added to FBR June 18th 2019) German Case
Macdo_Macdo - received October 16th / Pending
Miles892 - received October 22nd / Pending

November 2018 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2018.
Eowyn- received November 20th / Pending
MasterCaution – received November 28th / Pending. German case

December 2018 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2018.
Quondam – received December 18th / Added to FBR July 4th 2019) New Zealand Case

January 2019 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2019.
Bridgette – received January 9th / pending
Emyln – received January 15th / Pending
SamJakeChloe – received January 21st / (Added to FBR End April 2019) Malaysian Case
DanaMarie – received January 29th / Pending
Mikekally – received January 30th / Pending

February 2019 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2019.
Lee – received February 6th / Pending
Jaxx -received February 11th / Pending (Awaiting printing) Finnish Case

March 2019 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2019.
Tom_bcfc -received March 12th / Pending
Chrisinpm- received March 28th / Pending

April 2019 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2019.

Faull_Guy – received April 16th / Pending
Fvigaud – received April 26th 2019 / Pending

June 2019 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2019.
Dth- received Mid/Late June (unspecified) / Certificate printed and ready for collection August 12th 2019 – Hong Kong Case expedited due to pregnancy
Powerbook1 – received June 26th / (Added to FBR July 25th 2019) Hong Kong Case
JgClancy – received June 27th / Pending

July 2019 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2019.
CATG – received July 8th / Pending
Flyingmum – received July 19th / Pending

August 2019 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2019.
Luna2019 – received August 6th / Pending

Pumps100
Scotland

Post by Pumps100 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:37 am

Great job Sulla for doing this. Very much appreciated by me and I'm sure everyone else.

Thanks again.

Ian

FlyingMum
England

Post by FlyingMum » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:44 am

And many thanks from me too.

Your time and efforts are really appreciated Sulla.

Cheers. :D

Someday, all of us descendants from the Emerald Isle will have to organise a get together - a bit of a “gathering of the clans”! :lol:

Lee2521
Ireland

Post by Lee2521 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:16 am

Thanks Sulla

Top work and lets hope all of the August applicants get all approved before the end of August and the FBR section get onto Septembers and start clearing it in a speedy manner .

Tom_BCFC

Is the BCFC FOR Bristol City FC or Birmingham City FC just wondering , by the way I am Bristol based and a Bristol city fan .

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:56 pm

BrexitEscapee wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:45 am
Dth wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:43 am
Remember Irish citizenship is not a right, its a privilege!
Sulla wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:12 am
If you want to regard Irish citizenship acquisition as a privilege, then go right ahead. However, please can we refrain from trying to force that opinion on others.
Nobody is trying to 'force' their opinion on others - this is a forum: stuff gets typed and we're free to agree or disagree with any of it. Dth's post may not be legally correct (i.e. Irish legislation currently does give us a right to FBR) but I fully support the sentiment - i.e. I feel grateful for Ireland's unusually generous citizenship rights and I don't bite the hand that feeds me.

Dth would have been correct if he'd written 'Irish citizenship may not always be a right' because legislation can always be revoked. When I took my new Irish passport on a ground tour of Ireland this year, a common discussion topic in pubs was that Ireland is currently experiencing the downside of the 'Celtic Tiger' boom - i.e. they've now got a load of multinational companies that don't pay much, if anything, in taxes. I'm pretty sure that if an Irish journalist wanted to do some clickbait journalism, they'd strike gold by doing a piece on this forum. If the Irish public were to read Sulla's uncompromising views on the DFA staff that handled his citizenship application, knowing that he jumps from country to country to avoid paying any taxes, it would generate an outcry. And it's when the public start waving pitchforks that we see 'rights' can be taken away just as easily as they were given - as the Brexit disaster is demonstrating.
The guy was dead wrong. At least we agree on that. Being completely wrong, he encountered Jacqui's more nuanced opinion and rejected it out of hand in rather abrupt and condescending fashion. Very simple indeed. Simply wrong. Moreover, "Good day to you!" is a curt and hostile way to cut off a conversation more suited to an outraged character in a period drama than the modern era. It was unnecessary given that Jacqui was being nothing but nice to the guy. That is my interpretation of what was written anyway and the tone of it. As usual, your view may well differ.

Legislation can of course be repealed or amended. However, changes would not have retroactive effect. All people who registered as citizens through FBR prior to the effective date of the new statute would remain Irish citizens. I see no likelihood of such changes occurring. Ireland is a nation that sees regular flows of citizens outward in search of careers not available domestically. Thus, large numbers of Irish people currently resident there have lived overseas and become part of the diaspora themselves or know someone close to them who has. Others may have considered making a move or be planning it. Removing the right to register through FBR would mean taking away a right from every Irish citizen. It's hard to get people to vote to have fewer rights, especially a right that they or someone close to them may one day hope to exercise. Added to this, the wind is blowing the other way. There is a referendum in October which is widely expected to grant the right to vote in Irish presidential elections to all Irish citizens overseas. More may follow. The trend, therefore, is one of expanding rights and recognition of the Irish diaspora - not one of curtailment.

Ireland made its own bed when it invited the multi-nationals in with an enticing corporate tax rate. So enticing in fact (12.5% face value, but under 2% frequently) that the European Commission has been all over them about it for violation of state aid rules. Despite this, the country is not doing badly for it - whatever the guys in the pub might think. Foreign firms have brought is masses of well paid jobs and accounted for 80% of Irish corporate tax in 2016-17. Similarly, they paid 50% of taxes on salary in the same period. Many of these firms are highly mobile and could easily transfer out of Ireland to pastures new if the tax landscape changes. Reneging on commitments made and changing tax law too frequently will also kill off inward investment. Given its debt burden, losing these key economic props is not something Ireland can afford to do. In retrospect, guaranteeing all the GFC bank debt (Anglo- Irish etc) and assuming the burden of paying 100 cents on the dollar to the various predatory vulture funds might not have been the wisest course of action.

As for my tax affairs, as I have stated previously, I strictly follow the law and I do in fact pay quite a bit of tax in Ireland. I am perfectly entitled to be critical of any organisation that I pay to provide a service and feel disappointed with the experience I receive. I have precisely no apprehension about the phantom scribblings of some journalist or the supposed outcry it would produce. What is the headline?

Scandal! Man pays all taxes as legally required - refuses to volunteer to pay more!

Maybe

Horror! Man vexed by inability of DFA to print certificate in 3.5 months COMPLAINS!

Is that pitchforks I hear?

Aussie_MJ
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Aussie_MJ » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:42 pm

Amazing work Sulla.

Could you please add me? Application submitted online 4th September 2018 and documents received at Irish embassy in Dublin on 10th September 2018.

Here's hoping the September group get some good news soon!

BrexitEscapee
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by BrexitEscapee » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:05 pm

Sulla wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:56 pm
...It was unnecessary given that Jacqui was being nothing but nice to the guy. That is my interpretation of what was written anyway and the tone of it. As usual, your view may well differ.
If you want to pull people up for being rude, then I'd be the last person to stop you. You actually pulled him up for forcing his opinions on others though.
Sulla wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:56 pm
Legislation can of course be repealed or amended. However, changes would not have retroactive effect. All people who registered as citizens through FBR prior to the effective date of the new statute would remain Irish citizens.
This sounds a bit like you're saying that it's okay to kick away the ladder now that you're safely over the wall... However, I understand your overall point that the Irish are unlikely to repeal their FBR legislation. I profoundly disagree with your confidence in this. In any country, the issue of wealthy tax-exiles is absolutely guaranteed to generate hatred, and my unscientific straw poll of the Irish people I bumped into this year strongly demonstrated that the Irish feel particularly strongly about this. I have radically differing views to you about the macroeconomic benefits of tax-avoiding multinationals, but that isn't the point here - as with the Brexit vote, this is an issue of emotion rather than cold logic. A newspaper editor would strike click-bait gold by riling up readers with tales of wealthy tax exiles making personal slights against DFA staff and demanding their services be privatised. (For an interesting illustration of how this works, try Googling 'Porthleven Lilo.' You'll find a news story currently doing the rounds in the world media. The story has already been proven to have been falsified, but it's still provoking public fury simply because the newspaper editors have massaged the facts to play up to their readers' prejudices.)

Sulla, until you came along, I had never said a word about the many complaints on here from people frustrated with waiting. However, the comments you made about DFA staff were completely out of order and having discovered the right-wing ideology from whence they came, I've made it my mission to disrupt your attempts to cheer-lead anti-DFA sentiment. This means that in 10 years time, people will be sick of reading the same exchanges between us, but I'd rather be in this tedious stalemate situation than allow any of the views you've expressed in the past to go unchallenged.

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:58 pm

Aussie_MJ wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:42 pm
Amazing work Sulla.

Could you please add me? Application submitted online 4th September 2018 and documents received at Irish embassy in Dublin on 10th September 2018.

Here's hoping the September group get some good news soon!
OK I have added you in. Just to clarify one point: do you mean received by the DFA in Dublin? Are you a direct to Dublin applicant or are you going through an embassy overseas?

Thanks for sharing your info.

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:21 am

BrexitEscapee wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:05 pm

This sounds a bit like you're saying that it's okay to kick away the ladder now that you're safely over the wall... However, I understand your overall point that the Irish are unlikely to repeal their FBR legislation. I profoundly disagree with your confidence in this. In any country, the issue of wealthy tax-exiles is absolutely guaranteed to generate hatred, and my unscientific straw poll of the Irish people I bumped into this year strongly demonstrated that the Irish feel particularly strongly about this.
There is a great deal of hatred out there for wealthy people in general. Whatever the tax situation of VHNWI's and UHNWI's, we will almost always be called upon to pay more. I regularly hear vicious diatribes from expats in Thailand railing against me and all my ilk. Ludicrously, these are people who themselves pay no taxes and illegally continue to register themselves as UK resident (while living in Thailand) so as to avail themselves of the NHS and annual pension increases. The fact is that for instance in the US, 50% of people pay no Federal income taxes. All too often, it is these same individuals who are calling for the rich to pay more. It is easy to call for others to do more and envy is rocket fuel for this kind of sentiment.

I have actually tried to tone down the anti-DFA rhetoric of late. I am not broadening things out to embrace anything other than specific cases of poor customer service. I do respect your point of view and I don't mind someone calling me out as wrong and forcing me to re-examine my arguments.

As for the lilo case, I thought that it was genuine, but that it just happened decades ago. Wasn't it just some regurgitated tale from the 1980's that was wrongly spouted out as being recent? The events described did actually happen though. The parents involved were still stupid people, however long ago it took place.

bellcurvechaos
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by bellcurvechaos » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:37 am

Sulla,
Wow, thank you for pulling all of this information together and posting it. This put my mind mostly at ease.

I submitted my FBR application and it was received in Dublin on Oct 22, 2018. Initially I called and they told me it would be seven months. Then, one year. Then, potentially more (in June). However, it seems they have just gone back to saying one year. Although on the phone call at the end of June, the nice man mentioned they were in the midst of processing August. Maybe he meant they had just started reading all of the supporting documentation and applications?

Additionally, despite all of the verbiage on the NY Consulate General's website about including my foreign passport with my passport application, I was told today I will only need to send a copy. What a relief! I was really nervous about spending a prolonged period of time without the ability to travel for work/pleasure.

BrexitEscapee
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by BrexitEscapee » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:43 am

Sulla wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:21 am
I have actually tried to tone down the anti-DFA rhetoric of late.
Good lad - I'll also keep my interjections to a minimum...

Regarding the lilo case: that one's a really interesting saga. The story first appeared in a local news media site - The Falmouth Packet - on Monday. On Tuesday, the national media repeated the story verbatim, except all of them missed out the following key sentence:
"He said he had been told the story by a former member of 771 search and rescue squadron on Sunday, which is believed to have taken place when the rescue helicopters were still based out of RNAS Culdrose in Helston."
By missing out this sentence, they were deliberately trying to make out that the incident happened recently and that it was based on real witness evidence rather than hearsay. If you google 'KentLive Porthleven lilo,' you'll find they've done a good job investigating the story and basically found zero evidence of it - even the helicopter which was supposedly involved has never existed.

The truth of the matter is that this story is a "fisherman's tale" which has been circulating for decades but is entirely untrue. It only resurfaced this week because an ex-lifeboatman recounted it over drinks to a Falmouth Packet journalist on Sunday and he made an article out of it. (NB - there was no lifeboat involvement in this alleged rescue - it was an RNAS helicopter, i.e. the military.) Prior to handing helicopter rescue services over to a Newquay-based contractor in 2016, there certainly have been many rescues involving RNAS helicopters out of Helston, but both the RNAS and the RNLI have been unable to provide the actual details of this incident, despite both keeping meticulous records when it comes to operational activity logs. The story doesn't sound like it was recounted by anyone involved in rescues either - the reason you might puncture an inflatable in a helicopter rescue is not "to save any further drifting" (you simply get the child off the lilo to achieve that!) but to reduce the serious risk of the lilo being sucked up into the rotor-blades in the doughnut-shaped ''up-draught' area which surrounds the 'down-draught' area directly underneath a helicopter.

The reason I'm so interested in this story is that it beautifully demonstrates how easily the media can make us believe the most ludicrous lies providing they play up to our prejudices. You've cited an anti-wealth prejudice, which I'm sure you're right about, and which I probably share. There's also a right-wing prejudice that sees all poor people as mean, work-shy, stupid, dishonest, compensation-obsessed sub-humans and this is reflected strongly in all the readers' comments under this dodgy lilo story in the websites of the Daily Express etc. It's incredible that anyone could actually believe that parents who'd just seen their child's life saved would demand compensation for a £7 lilo. If you think about it for a second, you'll realise it must be nonsense, but unfortunately, people are prepared to believe literally anything so long as it fits in with their prejudices.

There are countless other examples of this. Try Googling 'Winnebago cruise control crash' and look at all the media websites that have printed this completely unbelievable story. Then Google 'Snopes winnebago lawsuit' to find the truth about this and thousands of similar falsified 'news stories.'

rdslight
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rdslight » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:24 pm

Hi, just a quick update to my timeline as looks like nearing the end of a long journey.

Application received London Embassy 31st July 2018
Sent for final approval 5th December 2018
Added FBR 23rd May 2019
Congratulations email not received
Certificate and documents received 3rd June 2019
Passport application received Cork 11th June 2019
Estimated issue date 18th July 2019
Passport Printed 15th August 2019
Passport Received - awaited

Hi Sulla, the added to FBR date was 23rd May, just for keeping your excellent list up to date.

Good luck to everyone still waiting, it takes a while but it’s worth it!

Valiant24
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Valiant24 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:06 pm

Just a small (non-) update:

Today is the 1st anniversary of my submitting my application. Aside from the more-or-less instantaneous auto-reply, I've heard absolutely nothing.

Is there any point in chasing it up, in people's experience? If so does anyone have a number or email that is contactable and known to respond? I did try after the 6 months I was advised to wait in the auto reply, but they seemed to have closed down any contact points that they had ever had.

Thanks
V

usczkat
Mood:
United States of America

Post by usczkat » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:16 pm

Valiant24 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:06 pm

Today is the 1st anniversary of my submitting my application. Aside from the more-or-less instantaneous auto-reply, I've heard absolutely nothing.

Is there any point in chasing it up, in people's experience? If so does anyone have a number

Thanks
V
Hi V,

I'm a week away from the point you are now. The past couple weeks I have sent an email and not received any response to my request for any update on my application status.
Waiting in cali.

Valiant24
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Valiant24 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:25 pm

usczkat wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:16 pm
Valiant24 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:06 pm

Is there any point in chasing it up, in people's experience? If so does anyone have a number

Thanks
V
Hi V,

I'm a week away from the point you are now. The past couple weeks I have sent an email and not received any response to my request for any update on my application status.
Waiting in cali.
I appreciate they're busy, with Brexit. But with all those $400 fees or whatever you paid, you'd think they might be able to employ a few more people to help process, and inform. That's government the world over though I guess: don't care because they don't need to care!