ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IVA and naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Khayj
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

IVA and naturalisation

Post by Khayj » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:21 pm

Hi,
I’ve been reading different forums to get further information on the success rates of citizenships applications if a person has an IVA but I cannot find any further information on the subject.

So I was wondering if any here has been granted their citizenship whilst currently on a IVA? And if so what steps/measures did you take with your application.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: IVA and naturalisation

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:53 pm

An application will not normally be refused simply because the person is in debt, especially if loan repayments have been made as agreed or if acceptable efforts are being made to pay off accumulated debts. However, where a person deliberately and recklessly builds up debts and there is no evidence of a serious intention to pay them off, the application will normally be refused.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... idance.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Khayj
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Khayj » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:03 am

Thank you for responding.
I did see that post on their website but I wanted to see how many people had successful applications.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:08 am

I suggest follow the guides and you should be fine
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice