ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pakistan Divorce - New Marriage

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bubbles12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Pakistan Divorce - New Marriage

Post by bubbles12 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:58 pm

Hiya,

I am born and bred in the UK.

I got married in Pakistan to a girl a while back but things unfortunately didn’t work out and divorced in Pakistan before I had the chance to apply for her spouse visa to come and settle to the UK.

I now have a divorce registration certificate from Union council in Pakistan.

I am now planning to marry a different girl again in Pakistan.

Will my divorce registration certificate from the Union council suffice when I apply for my new wife’s spouse visa?

The divorce certificate from the Union council has also been attested at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Pakistan.

Ex wife didn’t arrive in the UK nor had spouse visa so our marriage wasn’t registered in UK.

Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Pakistan Divorce - New Marriage

Post by seagul » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:19 pm

Yes it will be fine and also you don't need to get any further decree absolute from UK.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

bubbles12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bubbles12 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:18 pm

Thank you seagul :)

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:28 pm

You will need to submit the divorce certificate you've received, as part of the supporting docs as you'll be asked about your previous marriage in the application.

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:46 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:19 pm
Yes it will be fine and also you don't need to get any further decree absolute from UK.
seagul, I have a question :?: something that popped into my mind.

Hypothetically, if the OP had applied for a visa for his 1st wife in the UK but she never travelled and they got divorced in Pakistan, Would the Home Office have a record of that marriage?

I mean, my question is, once a foreign marriage certificate is being submitted for visa purposes, can we assume the Home Office has registered the marriage? I've never questioned that till now, really...

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:22 am

The Home Office doesn't 'register' a marriage. They may be aware of it having taken place on their records system, but only the participating couple can 'register' the marriage and there is no requirement to do so in the UK if this has taken place outside of the UK. However, this isn't relevant to the OP's situation.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:23 am

Jaune08 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:46 pm
seagul wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:19 pm
seagul, I have a question :?: something that popped into my mind.

Hypothetically, if the OP had applied for a visa for his 1st wife in the UK but she never travelled and they got divorced in Pakistan, Would the Home Office have a record of that marriage?

I mean, my question is, once a foreign marriage certificate is being submitted for visa purposes, can we assume the Home Office has registered the marriage? I've never questioned that till now, really...
Unless you don't apply the spouse visa or update your marital status with them they don't know it but since a legally performed marriage/divorce is also valid in UK then for avoiding any single chance of being caught up under deception at some stage so its always best to disclose the facts honestly. Even a lot of people who were not free to marry when they remarry then although their marriage wasn't accepted in HO eyes but by disclosing it when they applied fiancée visa then they got it partly based on their truth and honesty.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:35 am

Casa wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:22 am
However, this isn't relevant to the OP's situation.
Can we please be mindful of not taking this thread off-topic. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.