ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa- Mother

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ILRasi
Mood:
India

Visit visa- Mother

Post by ILRasi » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:26 pm

Hi,

I am applying visit visa for mother .
I am planning to submit 6 months payslip which is minimum salary withdrawn each month (£900).
I am not sure what the accountant letter should contain.I do have savings maintained and will take 6 months bank statements as well.

Please can you advise what information should accountant provide in his letter?

Also what visa type should I select is it Tourist or Family visit?

The application section has "Why I am sponsoring the trip" .Is there any strong reason to specify?

Thanks for your help.

ILRasi
Mood:
India

Re: Visit visa- Mother

Post by ILRasi » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:02 am

Can someone please help with my query?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:16 am

The Standard Visitor visa has replaced the Family Visitor visa.

More essential than the proof of your earnings, what evidence will your mother submit of strong ties to her home country. e.g financial self-sufficiency (earnings or savings), property ownership, close family ties etc. :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ILRasi
Mood:
India

Post by ILRasi » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:26 pm

Casa wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:16 am
The Standard Visitor visa has replaced the Family Visitor visa.

More essential than the proof of your earnings, what evidence will your mother submit of strong ties to her home country. e.g financial self-sufficiency (earnings or savings), property ownership, close family ties etc. :?:
Thanks Casa

In terms of my income, is it mandatory to get accountant letter to show dividends and salary?

I have payslips for around £1000 salary each month. Is it not enough to show only my payslips?

Thanks

sonuahmad
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sonuahmad » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:45 pm

Go for Standard Visitor visa because Family means husband and wife. I think the amount you are showing is not enough. What is your status in the UK ? Are you permanent resident or on work permit ? You must have to show that you have enough place in your house for your mother to stay like you must have an extra room for your mother. Otherwise you must have hotel booking for her. You must have enough money to pay for your mother visit including ticket, food, etc...

Wish you all the best.

sonuahmad
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sonuahmad » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:48 pm

Visia Type: Tourist
You are sponsoring because you are son of your mother and she do not work so she do not have enough money to pay for this trip.

ILRasi
Mood:
India

Post by ILRasi » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:44 pm

sonuahmad wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:45 pm
Go for Standard Visitor visa because Family means husband and wife. I think the amount you are showing is not enough. What is your status in the UK ? Are you permanent resident or on work permit ? You must have to show that you have enough place in your house for your mother to stay like you must have an extra room for your mother. Otherwise you must have hotel booking for her. You must have enough money to pay for your mother visit including ticket, food, etc...

Wish you all the best.
Thanks for the info.
I have British passport. I am not sure whether I have to get letter from Account with dividend details.

ILRasi
Mood:
India

Post by ILRasi » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:20 pm

If property documents written in any other languange , is it required to submit original document along with translated document to home office?.I am thinking of getting translated by Notary public . Thanks.

ILRasi
Mood:
India

Post by ILRasi » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:05 pm

HI,

Can you please help with my query.

Visitor visa has been issued for 6 months valid until July and in the application it was mentioned as 90 days stay from Feb to April.Now want to postpone the travel to May and to stay for 90 days from May to July(Leave UK before visa expiry).
Would there be any issue in arrival and any future applications as they period of stay differs from intially mentioned in the application though we stick to 90 days stay in total.?

Thanks for your help,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:06 pm

ILRasi wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:05 pm
HI,

Can you please help with my query.

Visitor visa has been issued for 6 months valid until July and in the application it was mentioned as 90 days stay from Feb to April.Now want to postpone the travel to May and to stay for 90 days from May to July(Leave UK before visa expiry).
Would there be any issue in arrival and any future applications as they period of stay differs from intially mentioned in the application though we stick to 90 days stay in total.?

Thanks for your help,
She can travel at ANY time during the 6 month validity period. Best not to stay longer than stated in the form though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ILRasi
Mood:
India

Post by ILRasi » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:56 pm

Hi,

If 6 months granted visit visa is not used and when a person apply next time for visit visa would there be any issue?
Thanks.

arcelli ann
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by arcelli ann » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:50 pm

ILRasi wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:56 pm
Hi,

If 6 months granted visit visa is not used and when a person apply next time for visit visa would there be any issue?
Thanks.

She has to explain why she wasn't able to use the visa.

ILRasi
Mood:
India

Post by ILRasi » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:15 pm

Thanks.
The reason for to NOT to use the visa is because we want to invite again in September 2019 . The current visa expires in July.I am not sure what reason to say to apply for visitor visa again in September.

ILRasi
Mood:
India

Post by ILRasi » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:48 am

Hi,

The current visit visa for mother in law expires in July and planning to ask them to travel on 1st April to stay for 3 months as we requested 3 months stay in the initial apication although 6 month validity visit visa issued. Not sure if more than 3 months stay will cause any issue while applying for next time.
Expecting baby on September so the plan is inviite now and ask her to stay for 3 months then go back to home country then again apply for 6 months visa visa to UK so that she will be in the UK during delivery time.
Can some one please help would there be any issue applying for 6 months visit visa again so soon as she leave UK.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:52 am

How long will she stay if she comes back later in the year??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ILRasi
Mood:
India

Post by ILRasi » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:46 pm

Planning for 6 months stay to utilise max visa validity.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:49 pm

She cannot stay in the UK for longer than she stays in her home country in a 12 month period. This is seen as residing and potentially as trying to circumvent the immigration rules.

She risks being refused entry and sent back.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ILRasi
Mood:
India

Post by ILRasi » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:26 pm

Thanks.Would it help if we get midwife letter?How about reducing the duration of stay .To request visit visa for 3 months stay .So all together 6 months stay in split up from April to June and then go back and come to UK and stay from September to November?

ILRasi
Mood:
India

Post by ILRasi » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:32 pm

Hi,

Mother in law travelling alone this next week.She don't know English.
Can you please let me know what type of questions immigration officer will ask in the airport?Will there be any translator at immigration counter to translate mother tongue to English?

Thanks

ILRasi
Mood:
India

Post by ILRasi » Tue May 07, 2019 1:47 pm

Hi,

My mother in law in uk on visit visa and planning to stay for 3 months.
She is not well ,is it allowed to register as a temporary resident with NHS GP for treatment?
Please help what option a visitor visa holder got in the UK for treatment.
Is it ,i have to find a private GP?

Today she went to walk in centre where GP provided prescription and further examination is required.We clearly told we dont want to use any free service which could affect future visa application.

Please help with this.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 07, 2019 2:08 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

mali23
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mali23 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:11 pm

Hi ILRasi

I was wondering if you managed to find an answer to your question?

All I know is Primary Care for overseas visitors is free i.e. treatment you get at a Walk-in Clinic or at a GP (registered as a temporary resident)

I think if a GP accepts you as a Private patient, any prescription you get, you pay a private price for it where as if they take you on as a temporary NHS patient you pay the normal charges i.e £9 per prescribed item.

Secondary care is always chargeable for overseas visitors i.e. hospital referrals, etc except A&E at the first point of contact but also chargeable if admitted to a ward.

blondesafari

Post by blondesafari » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:45 am

I must say that I am really surprised at the number of people bringing elderly parents over for visits for months without taking out travel insurance. I see many people caught in this situation where they now rely on the NHS to deal with them. Two points. The first point is you’re putting these elderly people at risk. Secondly, it’s because of visitors using the NHS that we, as immigrants end up having to pay for NHS upfront, which keeps increasing, as well as putting strain on the NHS. This article yesterday is hopefully a sign that the government is finally going to shut down this type of health tourism. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rexit.html

ILRasi
Mood:
India

Post by ILRasi » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:23 pm

Hi,
I wanted to apply visit visa for mother in law 2nd time.We got the translated property document 4 months ago which was used to submit for the 1st time visit visa application.Can I use the same document this time or should I get document translated once more with latest date?

Also is it enough to submit scanned documents ?

Thanks

ILRasi
Mood:
India

Post by ILRasi » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:38 pm

Thanks blondesafari and mail23. I just now saw your reply to medical treatment.