ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost BRP

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Joel1986
Newly Registered
Australia

Lost BRP

Post by Joel1986 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:02 pm

Hi everyone

I've lost my wallet with my BRP ( I'll leave it at home in future). I have submitted the application and have biometrics appointment on the 22nd of August in Croydon.

Only problem is is that I have had to cancel a trip this weekend to Germany and have booked a holiday for 5 nights to Spain, leaving 30th of September. I dont want to cancel that one as I will be well out of pocket.

I know the published processing time is 8 weeks but have read online lots of experiences (1 or 2 years ago) that people have got this faster. Just after any experiences from anyone recently where they have got this faster as well. What's the likelihood based on the date of the biometrics that I would get the replacement card by 29 september.

Also as I am of a nationality where we can use the egates, the BRP is no longer checked at heathrow by an immigration officer. What will happen if I just go and come back and use the egates? I have read online that the current application could be cancelled but have heard from people that that didnt happen when they did it. I dont want it to be cancelled as I have a trip back to Australia in November.

Any help would be appreciated as its stressing me out.

Natprim
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Re: Lost BRP

Post by Natprim » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:20 am

Hi I am in a similar situation, did you end up going and get in fine through the egates? Without any cancellation of you application for replacement?🙂