ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification in my British Nationality application eligible date

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Clarification in my British Nationality application eligible date

Post by sparkyram » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:21 pm

Hello All,

My immigration details below: currently in ILR, completing one year in ILR in two more days so would like to know when can i apply for naturalization.

Tier 2 General Entry Clearance visa start date: 14-Sep-2013

Entered UK on 07-Nov-2013 (Had almost 60 days Gap between visa issue date and entry date)

Extended my Tier 2 gen visa further three years on July 2016- July 2019

Got my ILR on 17-Aug-2018

As per my immigration details above, I completed one year in ILR, But I have not spent 5 years in Tier 2 general, Spent only 4 years, 9 months, 10 days ( 58 days gap between entry date and visa start date and applied ILR 28 days in advance hence spent less than 5 years)

Am i eligible to apply for Citizenship any day after completing 1 year in my ILR , even though i have not exactly completed 5 years in my tier 2 general ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Clarification in my British Nationality application eligible date

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:24 pm

Tier 2 General Entry Clearance visa start date: 14-Sep-2013
Citizenship has absolutely nothing to do with visa start dates.
Entered UK on 07-Nov-2013 (Had almost 60 days Gap between visa issue date and entry date)

Extended my Tier 2 gen visa further three years on July 2016- July 2019

Got my ILR on 17-Aug-2018
You need 5 years residence which must include 1 full year on ILR.
As per my immigration details above, I completed one year in ILR, But I have not spent 5 years in Tier 2 general, Spent only 4 years, 9 months, 10 days ( 58 days gap between entry date and visa start date and applied ILR 28 days in advance hence spent less than 5 years)
Citizenship has NOTHING to do with the visa route you took or how long you were on X or Y visa.
Am i eligible to apply for Citizenship any day after completing 1 year in my ILR , even though i have not exactly completed 5 years in my tier 2 general ?
It is 5 years residence COUNTING BACKWARDS from the date of citizenship application. You need to have ILR for the full 12 months before applying online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Questions on Citizenship form" Details of your trips outside the UK"

Post by sparkyram » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:05 pm

Hello,

Guys I am filling my citizenship application:

My History below:

Visa 1: Tier 2 ICT short term:

Entered UK on 27-Aug-2012
Exit UK: 03-June-2013

Visa 2: Tier 2 Gen: New entry Clearance outside UK

Entered UK back on new visa: 07/11/2013
Got ILR based on 5 yrs in Tier 2 Gen and now completed 1 year in ILR

For the question " When did you first arrive in the UK?" What should i put / should i put the date i entered as Tier 2 gen or shud i put the date of my first visa granted for me

Also There is an another question "Details of your trips outside the UK". How should i mention the gap between the first visa exit date and the date i entered through new visa ? should i mention as holiday or just state as left uk to get new EC visa ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:09 pm

The questions asks clearly the date you FIRST entered the UK. It is not a trick question.

You simply state the absence in the form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:13 am

Thanks CR001 for previous response. Have submitted my application and Having my bio-metrics today. I have one final question:

For the documents:

1. The official transcript or letter for xxxxxx to prove level of english language required

2. NARIC letter that confirms the qualification meets or exceeds the recogonised standard of bachelor degree

For above two documents i have the NARIC letter for both english language and level of degree ... do i need to upload my degree certificate or any other document for this ? above two are already proved as part of my ILR already