ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions about AN application form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

guoxiaoran
Newly Registered

Post by guoxiaoran » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:27 pm

Hi everyone,

I am trying to apply for neutralisation, the referee declaration documents provided by the home office wordings confused me a little bit. I am not sure if it's my referee should write my name and DOB on the back of my photograph or I should write it myself?

Also we all doing UKCAS these days where we only provide a scan copy of the paperwork, how can they see the signature on the back of the photograph if it will be glued on paper?

Hope people can help.

Many thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Question regarding referee declaration form

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:47 pm

NO need to write anything on the back of the photos. All forms are now scanned
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

guoxiaoran
Newly Registered

Post by guoxiaoran » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:17 pm

Hi,
I am thinking of applying for the citizenship recently and came across some questions when filling the online form, these questions might be minor and in too detailed, but still hope people here can help clarify, it might be useful to others as well.

Brief background: I obtained ILR in March 2019 as my partner is British Citizen, my home country passport will expire soon, and I heard I can apply even within 12 months of getting ILR, so decided to apply AN now.

My questions are:

1. There is a question at the beginning of the form: Do you want to attend ceremony in a different council? I am not really bothered, so should I fill in No?
2.Details of your trip outside of UK: should I start from the most recent trip? Only provide past 3 years? and I think if the trip is short of 2 days then you don't need to provide date.
3.Immigration details: They asking for date of biometric registration, reference number etc for all my past immigration application, I don't remember all these especially reference number, can I leave blank? It does say "if known" on the form.
4. Proof of living in the UK, not sure what kind of documents should I provide? I have P60, HMRC letters, water bill and bank statement, can I use these?

Finally, supporting documents I can provide as below, please share your experience or opinions and thank you for your time reading my post.

Passport scan copy
BRP
Life in the UK pass cert
Partner's passport scan copy
Marriage certs
2 x referee declaration
P60 or any other documents to proof my reside in the uk

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Questions about AN application form

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:26 am

1. Answer No
2- The last 3 years is good
3- Leave blank if not known
4- That is your entry/exit stamps in the last 3 years from you passport pages

No need to submit P60
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice