ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GUIDANCE Marriage VISA - VFS asking for little evidence

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

OMY123
Newly Registered
Australia

GUIDANCE Marriage VISA - VFS asking for little evidence

Post by OMY123 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:35 am

Hi I'm completed my online application and been shocked by how few documents they are asking for.

The Appendix is clear about things like ownership of property we will live in. Communications between the couple and photographic evidence and friends/family letter of support.

However the e=application only asks for the below content - have copied and pasted.

Can someone shed light on what feels like conflicting instructions?

Thanks

===

Other documents

If you do not provide these documents, your application may be delayed or refused.(Required)

The Australia passport, identity card or official letter for APPLICANT to prove the level of English language required

Personal bank statements showing that at least the level of cash savings relied upon in the application has been held in an account(s) of PARTNER throughout the period of 6 months prior to the date of application, Acct: xxxxxx

Personal bank statements showing that at least the level of cash savings relied upon in the application has been held in an account(s) of PARTNER throughout the period of 6 months prior to the date of application, Acct: 3££££££

A declaration by PARNTER of the source(s) of the cash savings, Acct: 3££££££

A declaration by PARNTER of the source(s) of the cash savings, Acct: 3££££££

Proof of relationship to your partner - for example, marriage or civil partnership certificates

One proof of British citizenship for PARTNER (such as a passport or UK citizenship certificate)
After you submit your application, you must provide your documents to our commercial partner. You can provide your documents by:

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: GUIDANCE Marriage VISA - VFS asking for little evidence

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:36 am

Shocked :) Welcome to the UK my friend.

I was shocked too the first time I came in here.

In fact, the Home Office can ask nearly for anything. The burden of proof is on you.

Anything you claim, you have to demonstrate. Anything you don't demonstrate, is not taken in account and can be a ground for refusal.

Some people are giving list of documents longer than this just for a tourist visa to the UK.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:44 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:36 am
Some people are giving list of documents longer than this just for a tourist visa to the UK.
I believe the OP is trying to say they were expecting to see a longer list.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:53 pm

OMY123 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:35 am
Hi I'm completed my online application and been shocked by how few documents they are asking for.
The documents you submit should satisfy the immigration rules.

Where there is a conflict between HO's guidance (or request) and the Rules, deference should be to the Rules.

OMY123
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by OMY123 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:32 am

Korekt wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:53 pm
OMY123 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:35 am
The documents you submit should satisfy the immigration rules.

Where there is a conflict between HO's guidance (or request) and the Rules, deference should be to the Rules.
'The Rules' - sorry can you be mores specific please?

OMY123
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by OMY123 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:34 am

Zerubbabel wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:36 am
Shocked :) Welcome to the UK my friend.

I was shocked too the first time I came in here.

In fact, the Home Office can ask nearly for anything. The burden of proof is on you.

Anything you claim, you have to demonstrate. Anything you don't demonstrate, is not taken in account and can be a ground for refusal.

This is my third VISA for the UK - so I'm well aware of the process and paperwork, however last application for Non-married spouse required many more documents.

I

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:02 pm

OMY123 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:32 am
'The Rules' - sorry can you be mores specific please?
[/quote]

Sure. This one.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... d-evidence