ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier 1 applicants from South Africa?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hunts
Newly Registered

Any Tier 1 applicants from South Africa?

Post by hunts » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:14 am

Hi everyone this is my first post. I have read a lot of the posts and have seen that there are many people on here applying from India or from within the UK. I would like to know if there are any South Africans who have applied, are going to apply, are applying for entry clearance etc.

I went through 1st Contact in Cape Town. They sent off all my documents on about the 25th June. They told me to wait at least 12 weeks before I would hear anything. As the application was sent before the HSMP cut off date I will still have to sort out my entry clearance once I receive my approval letter.

Any people in a similar situation please let me know.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:55 am

What are your main concerns? If you are sure your appliction was received before 30th June then it should be processed as per HSMP rules.

Once you received approval letter you can apply at nearest VAC/World Bridge (as applicable) center in South Africa.

Your first task should be checking if your application was received in UK by 27th June as 28th and 29th were non-working days (weekend). If not then they will NOT process your application and it will be sent back WITHOUT charging any fees.

hunts
Newly Registered

Post by hunts » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:13 pm

Thanks for the reply.

What I was actually asking was whether any other South Africans had applied recently from within South Africa and how long it took them to receive their letters of approval. If they haven't received their letters yet, then how long have they been waiting.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:53 pm

FYI, HSMP application processing is independent of the country you apply from.
SeeHSMP waiting times

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

A'rie
Newly Registered

Post by A'rie » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:19 am

Look on www.trackitt.com
If you go to "nationality", enter South Africans and you will have a list of SA's who have applied from SA.
There are also lots of info regarding EC from SA.

hunts
Newly Registered

Post by hunts » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:14 pm

Thanks for the help. Will check the links out.

GIMS

Post by GIMS » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:19 pm

Hey hunts, am a Southern African and EC applications go through VFS RSA so I guess we are in the same boat in general.

I made my HSMP application end of March so it should be dealt with this week or the next if am lucky. I didnt use any reps. I will let you know how it goes.

Best of Luck

GIMS

hunts
Newly Registered

Post by hunts » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:22 am

Hi GIMS

I have been looking at Trackitt.com and the last 4 SA people to receive their visas took 110, 110, 110, and 112 days so it looks at if 14 weeks has become the norm when applying form within SA.

When I eventually get my visa, which I reckon will be some time in October, I have a major problem with my maintenance funds because Ihave 3000 pounds in my Barclays bank account in the UK so I'm not sure how I'll get the statements to me within the 7 days allowed.

Any way please do keep me posted and I'll so the same.