ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary in Appendix J and Working Hours

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mashayekh_hosein
United Kingdom

Salary in Appendix J and Working Hours

Post by mashayekh_hosein » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:58 pm

Hello,

I have a question regarding the salaries mentioned in the appendix J for SOC codes for Tier-2 visas.

Is these salaries for a particular working hours per week? If so, what if someone works less or more hours? Do they still have to earn the same limit or does it change with working hours? Is there a limit on how much working hours can a Tier-2 employer mention in the COS certificates? Finally, is this the same for ILR through Tier-2?

Many Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Salary in Appendix J and Working Hours

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:01 pm

They are based on 39 hours per week.

Same for ilr however there are minimum salary requirements for ilr that list be met.

You cannot work for less than 30 hours per week on a tier 2.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mashayekh_hosein
United Kingdom

Post by mashayekh_hosein » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:34 pm

Thank you for the prompt response. So this means if a certificate of sponsorship is issued for say 35 hours a week work, then the salary must be at least 35/39th of what is mentioned in Appendix J for that SOC. Correct?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:35 pm

It MUST be at 39 hours per week, pro rata for 35 hours.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SKJ1984
India

Post by SKJ1984 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:00 am

Hi,
My understanding was whatever might be the rate specified in CoS document above 38 hours. UKVI calculates the prorata for 38 hours week and that should meet the salary requirements for that occupation.

There has been an instance in this forum where 48hrs salary was mentioned in CoS and UKVI calucated the prorate for 38 hours and deemed the salary to be less for the role.

Now if they have mentioned the salary for only 35 hours UKVI is not going to increase the rate to 38 hours and calculate. you must have the meet the salary requirements with 35 hours.