ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

People Looking for Java J2ee Jobs

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Manish rao
Newly Registered

People Looking for Java J2ee Jobs

Post by Manish rao » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:47 am

Hi

I java j2ee jobs in london from past 1.5 months.Had 2 interview but not able to clear them .So people looking for java j2ee job please comment what technology is required to get interview calls and if you had any kind of sucess please share . Any tips for interview from your experiance will also be valuable .

This post should be helpful for all people looking for all people looking java j2ee jobs in 2008.

My experiance

1)Interview with company name "metapack"

Asked me write sql query for 4 complex problem in 15 mins .

2)Unibet

Gave online personality test
Gave Analtycal test (Number sequence)
Gave technical test .

Feed back : You have cleared all the test .we get back in weak for further discussion. and After 1 weak we are not able to take forward your profile as we hired some other person for this position.

My sugession :

You should have sound knowledge and experiance of struts spring hibernate

Resume gets shortlisted on basis keyword search.

Please share your experiance just to help other.

can reach me at manish.raog@gmail.com :)

antouk

Post by antouk » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:39 pm

hey manish, dont mistake the UK market with india :D
its way different, here u have to go and attack the market. in india, consultants will attack u right :D
be creative in ur search.
-HSMP(2008)->Tier 1(2009)->ILR(2013)->Naturalisation(2014)->OCI(2014)-

nshar1

Post by nshar1 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:35 pm

Manish,
Nothing wrong with your skills and CV. Its the job market.

Its taking people some time to find a reasonable job.

Antouk - Its very true we can't wait for the right job to fall into our laps. could you guide us how to attack the market - any tip which has worked for you.

antouk

Post by antouk » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:08 am

nshar1 - i've posted the tips in some of the thread, may be for ur benefit im posting it here again.
1. Update ur resume in the jobsites quite often. here update i mean, a word or a sentence update. so that ur cv pops up first in the recruiters search. and end of the day the strategy is to make them visit ur shop first.
2. Put ur profile's address somewhere in london, or at a job concentrated areas, i cud see lots of jobs near leeds aswell. So that recruiters wont have any hesitation calling u. u may stay anywhere in UK, but putting ur address in london or somewhere nearby make them feel u r staying there. This way u can increase ur chances of getting calls.
3. Keep in mind u need to settle down first. So if u start receiving calls, be flexible in ur job preference. Or if u r very focussed in ur area of expertise, u may have to first apply for NI and start a part time work, and proceed ur hunt parallely.
4. Evalutate urself very well and quote a salary range that is applicable to ur skill set. There is no single figure that can satisfy all the employers, so tell the recruiters u r flexible in that part.
5. UK IT market expects u to be master of all, and the funniest part is, there cant one "master of all" who can test u that u r real "master of all", so its jus enough if u r "jack of all" :D .
6. i expertise in some part of networking 'n telecom, but after reaching here to my surprise all(i mean all) those positions require SC. i changed my focus to technology(Java, J2EE) rather than domain(telecom 'n networking). Pls. dont mistake, im not saying all the telecom n networking jobs require SC, i mean to say my expertise required SC. What im stressing here is be flexible and creative.
7. Keep ur search and interview experiences incremental. Here i mean, learn from ur mistakes and dont do it again.

So, rest is left to ur expertise, knowledge, confidence and luck.

hope this helps u, all these points r out of my experience in UK job market, and solely my point of view. If someone differ on my points, pls post ur comments, so that it'll be helpful for the prospective jobseekers.
-HSMP(2008)->Tier 1(2009)->ILR(2013)->Naturalisation(2014)->OCI(2014)-

Manish rao
Newly Registered

Post by Manish rao » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:52 am

THANKS NSHAR !!!

Manish rao
Newly Registered

Post by Manish rao » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:13 pm

Thank you all !!!

I resigned my job in march 2008 . And now I have to face questions ..what you have been doing all this time ?.. Why you did not get interview calls .. why u were not able to fetch a jobs.. etc..

What will be the best answer for this question..?

netacct

Post by netacct » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:46 pm

Just say you were doing some house work/renovation if you own a house, say took a bit time off for holiday, just come up with some politically/diplomatically correct answer.

nshar1

Post by nshar1 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:32 am

AntoUk,
Thanks for the tips.
I have sent you a PM. Could you please look at it and reply.