ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extending HSMP Visa in person

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sagarjv

Extending HSMP Visa in person

Post by sagarjv » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:32 am

Hi All

As I might need to go to my home country with short notice, can I extend my HSMP Visa in person at Homeoffice (once HO releases JR implementation next week)?
Please advice me in this regard..

Cheers
Sagar

MrBaboo

Re: Extending HSMP Visa in person

Post by MrBaboo » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:10 am

sagarjv wrote:Hi All

As I might need to go to my home country with short notice, can I extend my HSMP Visa in person at Homeoffice (once HO releases JR implementation next week)?

Cheers
Sagar
Unlikely. You were never able to extend the HSMP visa in person previously so I don't imagine you will be able to now with the imminent JR implementation.

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Re: Extending HSMP Visa in person

Post by justice_will_reign » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:28 pm

sagarjv wrote:Hi All

Cheers
Sagar
HO don't have any provision for hsmpian application in person as of now. When does your visa expires, I would have advice for you to embark on your trip now and do the extension when you're back - obviosuly this will depend on the lenght of time left on your visa and how long you want to stay away for.

sagarjv

Thanks

Post by sagarjv » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:47 pm

Thanks for your reply. My visa is valid till mid September. I am planning to travel in the 1st week of Aug and stay in my home country for a month.

Regards
Sagar

republique
BANNED

Re: Thanks

Post by republique » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:53 pm

sagarjv wrote:Thanks for your reply. My visa is valid till mid September. I am planning to travel in the 1st week of Aug and stay in my home country for a month.
Regards
Sagar
Earliest you can renew is mid august and I doubt you'd get it back before the beginning of Sept. Think either you move up you plans and make sure you are back before the visa expires so you can renew for an intime application or wait for it to be renewed before you go.
Last edited by republique on Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Re: Thanks

Post by justice_will_reign » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:57 pm

sagarjv wrote:Thanks for your reply. My visa is valid till mid September. I am planning to travel in the 1st week of Aug and stay in my home country for a month.

Regards
Sagar
I will suggest you go for your trip and come back for your extension, but speak to an immigration solicitor around the time left on your visa and your trip just to clarify that there won't be any problem when you're re-entering the country becaus eof the time left on your visa. I'm not too sure if that will have any implication.