ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anything wrong?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mbasmart

Anything wrong?

Post by mbasmart » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:41 am

I was in Pakistan last year and working in a private firm, earning about 89000 Rupees per month. i applied for a student visa, got it and came to UK. here, i applied for hsmp (through a consultant). i've claimed 10 points for age, 40 for previous earnings and 30 points for education (as per naric assessment). i have not disclosed (neither concealed) the fact that i m currently in the UK. my case was received by them on february 14th, 2008. got confirmation/ reference number on february 20 or so. money deducted 2-3 days afterwards. havent got approval as yet (as of june 30th, 2008). anyone else in the same situation? or can anyone comment on the details that i've given hereabove? do you think i should be worried much or do you think this delay is just normal and it should be alright eventually? What do u reckon should i have applied from Pakistan or is it OK to have applied from within UK?

Secondly, i have called HO and they've informed me that my case is still under consideration. they told me that some cases are referred to 'third parties' for further verification etc. and my case has probably been forwarded to some of these companies who are considering it on behalf of HO. the HO doesnt have any control over these third parties and they take their time... I really dont know what to do??? Can anyone help???

marbin
Newly Registered

Post by marbin » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:45 am

You have to wait until a decision made...

I hope it shouldnt be a problem if your papers and supporting documents are all right.

:)

Thanks!!!

javaid10

Re: Anything wrong?

Post by javaid10 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:54 am

mbasmart wrote:I was in Pakistan last year and working in a private firm, earning about 89000 Rupees per month. i applied for a student visa, got it and came to UK. here, i applied for hsmp (through a consultant). i've claimed 10 points for age, 40 for previous earnings and 30 points for education (as per naric assessment). i have not disclosed (neither concealed) the fact that i m currently in the UK. my case was received by them on february 14th, 2008. got confirmation/ reference number on february 20 or so. money deducted 2-3 days afterwards. havent got approval as yet (as of june 30th, 2008). anyone else in the same situation? or can anyone comment on the details that i've given hereabove? do you think i should be worried much or do you think this delay is just normal and it should be alright eventually? What do u reckon should i have applied from Pakistan or is it OK to have applied from within UK?

Secondly, i have called HO and they've informed me that my case is still under consideration. they told me that some cases are referred to 'third parties' for further verification etc. and my case has probably been forwarded to some of these companies who are considering it on behalf of HO. the HO doesnt have any control over these third parties and they take their time... I really dont know what to do??? Can anyone help???
It dosen't matter you are in UK or outside, as long as all your documents are original and you have strong case you are likely to get approval, even if they refuse your application you can appeal the decision and you will likely to get approval in appeal. As you said HO is maybe taking some time to verifing all the supported evidence you'd provided, so no need to worry..

Best of Luck..

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:18 pm

mbasmart wrote:i have not disclosed (neither concealed) the fact that i m currently in the UK.
What do you exactly mean by this? If you are a student in UK, did you mention that in your application (I remember the application asked for details such as current residence, immigration status, applying from UK or outside UK, etc.)

20 weeks delay is not normal and it is evident that your case is stuck at the verification stage. Like in India, verification is done by IntegraScreen on behalf of UKBA in Pakistan as well. Such a long time delay might be an indication that IntegraScreen have not been able to get conclusive replies from whoever they are checking with (e.g. - your past employers).

It won't do you any harm by getting in touch with your past employers and check with them if someone has been making enquiries about you.

It is important to note that the though IntegraScreen initiates the communication with organizations to verify your details, the onus lies with the organization to respond to IntegraScreen queries in time and with adequate details.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

mbasmart

Post by mbasmart » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:08 am

thank you very much for your help and replies guys...

i've checked with my previous employers and they have received a call just 2 days ago, confirming about my details like salary, mode of payment, designation, dates of joining and resignation etc.

All their answers matched to the information I had provided to the homeoffice, lets hope for the best now.

My previous employer also told me that they have recently moved to a new location. Actually, they had their headoffice in Islamabad and two branch offices in Rawalpindi. Since most of their engineering projects were in Rawalpindi, they have merged their offices and moved their entire setup to Rawalpindi. Do you think we should update homeoffice about this (just in case they wanna do any physical verification)? Or do you think it would be unnecessary? Although, their new address is mentioned in one of the letters that we have provided to homeoffice...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:38 pm

As long as UKBA has accurate contact details of the person(s) they need to get in touch with to check your details, I believe it should be fine.

regards

fahad123
Newly Registered

docs for previous earnings

Post by fahad123 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:24 am

hi could u plz tel me that what documents u submit for ur previous earnings.
Is salary slips and tax return is enough to get points or not?
sushdmehta wrote:As long as UKBA has accurate contact details of the person(s) they need to get in touch with to check your details, I believe it should be fine.

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: docs for previous earnings

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:47 am

fahad123 wrote:hi could u plz tel me that what documents u submit for ur previous earnings.
sushdmehta wrote:As long as UKBA has accurate contact details of the person(s) they need to get in touch with to check your details, I believe it should be fine.

regards
Make an effort to read the policy guidance.

regards

fahad123
Newly Registered

Post by fahad123 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:37 pm

I already read the policy and according to the policy these two evedences are enough (Salary Slips and Tax Return), coz they need two evedences from seperate source so salary slips are from employer and tax return is from tax authorities. but on this forum i've seen that sombody was saying that tax return is from employer as well so it would consider from the same source thats why i am confuse.
sushdmehta wrote:
fahad123 wrote:hi could u plz tel me that what documents u submit for ur previous earnings.

regards

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:42 pm

fahad123 wrote:I already read the policy and according to the policy these two evedences are enough (Salary Slips and Tax Return), coz they need two evedences from seperate source so salary slips are from employer and tax return is from tax authorities. but on this forum i've seen that sombody was saying that tax return is from employer as well so it would consider from the same source thats why i am confuse.
sushdmehta wrote:

regards

regards
If you mean P60, then it is a valid tax document and can be used along with paylsips.

If you have read through the policy guidance, I hope you have understood the condition attached to the use of tax documents as acceptable evidence.

regards

fahad123
Newly Registered

Post by fahad123 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:14 pm

thanks for ur reply but i am not talking about p60, i am talking about tax return in pakistan coz i am showing my previous earnings from pakistan and in pakistan tax year is july to june and i've done my MBA in feb 2005 and i sarted my job in april 2005 and i resigned in may 2006 (april 2005 to may 2006) then I completed my Graphic Design Diploma of six months in pk from june2006 to dec 2006, and then in jan 2007 i came to uk for my further studies.

1) I have two tax returns one is for the year 2005 (april05 to june05) and 2nd is for the year 2006(july05 to may06), i earned enough amount in 11 months in 2006 to claim my points so my 2006 tax return exactly corroborate with my 11 salary slips.

2) and i hope that they are considering me full time student from june 2006 (i have all the docs from my institute like my diploma, letter comfirming that i was full time student).

could u plz comment on that?

sushdmehta wrote:
fahad123 wrote:I already read the policy and according to the policy these two evedences are enough (Salary Slips and Tax Return), coz they need two evedences from seperate source so salary slips are from employer and tax return is from tax authorities. but on this forum i've seen that sombody was saying that tax return is from employer as well so it would consider from the same source thats why i am confuse.
sushdmehta wrote:

regards
If you mean P60, then it is a valid tax document and can be used along with paylsips.

If you have read through the policy guidance, I hope you have understood the condition attached to the use of tax documents as acceptable evidence.

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:34 pm

fahad123 wrote:thanks for ur reply but i am not talking about p60, i am talking about tax return in pakistan coz i am showing my previous earnings from pakistan and in pakistan tax year is july to june and i've done my MBA in feb 2005 and i sarted my job in april 2005 and i resigned in may 2006 (april 2005 to may 2006) then I completed my Graphic Design Diploma of six months in pk from june2006 to dec 2006, and then in jan 2007 i came to uk for my further studies.

1) I have two tax returns one is for the year 2005 (april05 to june05) and 2nd is for the year 2006(july05 to may06), i earned enough amount in 11 months in 2006 to claim my points so my 2006 tax return exactly corroborate with my 11 salary slips.

2) and i hope that they are considering me full time student from june 2006 (i have all the docs from my institute like my diploma, letter comfirming that i was full time student).

1. I cannot comment on tax document(s) used in Pakistan. As long as it meets the "definition" of a tax document as explained in the policy guidance, I believe it should be okay.
2. If july05-may06 income is what you are claiming points for and it exactly corroborates the income in your tax document, then you can use the july05-june06 tax document as evidence.
3. This will depend on evidence you provide of your "student" status - in line with requirements prescribed in policy document.

regards

fahad123
Newly Registered

Post by fahad123 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:00 pm

thanks for ur kind help
U have a gud knowledge.
could u plz tell me that why lots of people prefer to apply through consultant or solicitor.
does it make any diffrence if apply through consultant or solicitor? does it look proffesional? what is special added by consultant that makes application proffessional?

sushdmehta wrote:
fahad123 wrote:thanks for ur reply but i am not talking about p60, i am talking about tax return in pakistan coz i am showing my previous earnings from pakistan and in pakistan tax year is july to june and i've done my MBA in feb 2005 and i sarted my job in april 2005 and i resigned in may 2006 (april 2005 to may 2006) then I completed my Graphic Design Diploma of six months in pk from june2006 to dec 2006, and then in jan 2007 i came to uk for my further studies.

1. I cannot comment on tax document(s) used in Pakistan. As long as it meets the "definition" of a tax document as explained in the policy guidance, I believe it should be okay.
2. If july05-may06 income is what you are claiming points for and it exactly corroborates the income in your tax document, then you can use the july05-june06 tax document as evidence.
3. This will depend on evidence you provide of your "student" status - in line with requirements prescribed in policy document.

regards

mbasmart

Post by mbasmart » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:14 pm

hi all, i need ur help guyz... i applied (february 2008) for hsmp from within UK through a consultant. yesterday we received a letter from home office that they've refused my application stating that 'they could not verify my earnings documents from my previous employer in Pakistan. i now wanna request for a re-consideration...

the only reason they've given is that they were unable to verify my earnings documents from my company. i've left that company now, but i confirmed from them and the HR department told me that they did receive a call from home office to verify my earnings documents and othe employment details and my company verified all the details (except for a few things that might not have been tallied). my salary slips and tax documents were also enclosed with the case and salary was transferred to bank (bank statement was also enclosed). i dont understand as to what else does home office need from me?

secondly, what would u like to say, whether i should apply for reconsideration or should i appeal against the decision? if i can provide a letter from my previous employer confirming everything, do u think that would help?

an important thing is that my previous employer moved their office from islamabad to rawalpindi recently, maybe thats the reason they could'nt get what they wanted...

another thing is that one of my colleagues who was my junior (in the same company) has got her approval and she has also arrived in UK, do u think this point can be of any help while filing a re-consideration request?

lastly, is there any difference between reconsideration and appeal? the home office have stated that i can only do ONE reconsideration request. what does that mean? whats better, appeal or reconsideration request?

thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:54 am

mbasmart wrote:if i can provide a letter from my previous employer confirming everything, do u think that would help?
If your employer can confirm in the letter as to what all information was provided (in detail) when they were contacted by BHC/IntegraScreen, it might help your case.
mbasmart wrote:an important thing is that my previous employer moved their office from islamabad to rawalpindi recently, maybe thats the reason they could'nt get what they wanted...
Quite possible, if IntegraScreen decided to make a personal visit to the office address in Islamabad!! Did you not provide UKBA with updated contact information of the employer in question (i.e. - rawalpindi address). Where was your employer contacted when your employer claims they provided all details asked about you - in Islamabad or Rawalpindi ??
mbasmart wrote:another thing is that one of my colleagues who was my junior (in the same company) has got her approval and she has also arrived in UK, do u think this point can be of any help while filing a re-consideration request?
Every application is judged on its own merits. The fact that a (ex-)colleague of yours had her application approved doesn't mean that your application must also be approved or an approval in her case should have a bearing on your application (+ve or -ve).

I guess, the bottomline right now is that it's your employer's word against that of IntegraScreen/BHC.

reagrds

mbasmart

Post by mbasmart » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:08 pm

thanks sushdmehta...

actually they have done telephonic verification (and not physical verification) which was entertained by the Rawalpindi office of my previous employer.

home office's exact wording for refusal is 'you could have claimed 40 points for ur previous earnings but we were unable to verify the supporting documents from ur previous employer'. this sentence itself implies that the problem is not with the company, or my tax returns or bank statements. the only problem is that they've not been able to get what they wanted from my employer somehow or the other.

i m gonna put a reconsideration request within 28 days. my employer has agreed to give me a letter stating that they DID receive a phone call and they confirmed my salary, designation and other details to integrascreen/ bhc and that if they need any further information they can contact them at their phone numbers...

just three small questions please, 1. if my reconsideration request is also turned down, shall i be able to appeal againt the decision in the court of law 2. is there any difference b/w reconsideration and appeal? 3. should i file the reconsideration request myself or should i again trust my lawyer (who is an OISC registered lawyer but doesnt seem to be a good fighter)

thanks

mbasmart

Post by mbasmart » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:57 pm

my reconsideration request is successul. approved...

thanks