ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

brunold85
Newly Registered
India

British citizenship

Post by brunold85 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:56 pm

Hi,
My IlR date is 2nd Oct 2018. Can I submit the application on 2nd Oct 2019 or on 3rd Oct 2019?
Can you point me in the right direction for the latest process of people who are applying and what all documents are needed. I have already started filling up the online form and it is in the draft mode.
Do I need to book any prior appointments?
Thanks,
Bruno

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: British citizenship

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:02 pm

2nd October is fine. The online system tells you what you need to send. You will be asked to book an appointment with UKVCAS after you submit your application.

AN Guide: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ooklet.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

brunold85
Newly Registered
India

Post by brunold85 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:58 am

Hi,
I got my ILR on the 2nd of October last year. I started filling up the form for naturalisation online. Is that the right form? I wanted to know when I should press the submit button? Would it be 2nd of October this year or 3rd? What happens after that? I guess I need to do biometrics but if people can comment then that would be great. Also is there a checklist of things I need to start gathering because sometimes for instance letters from employer can take some time.

Thanks for all the help
Bruno

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation Application

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:08 am

I started filling up the form for naturalisation online. Is that the right form?
There is only one form, online form AN.
I wanted to know when I should press the submit button? Would it be 2nd of October this year or 3rd?
Answered already above. Date of application is the date you submit and pay and you must have held ILR for the full 12 months.
What happens after that? I guess I need to do biometrics but if people can comment then that would be great.
Once you pay for the application you get directed to make an appointment for biometrics at UKCVAS. Once that is done, you wait.
Also is there a checklist of things I need to start gathering because sometimes for instance letters from employer can take some time.
You don't need employer letters. Minimal documents are required and the online form gives you a checklist as does the AN Guidance notes and booklet.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

brunold85
Newly Registered
India

Post by brunold85 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:02 pm

Hi,
Can anyone guide on how to calculate 1 year period? Is it the same date that is listed on your ILR permit or one day later than that? Is the form to be submitted after this 1 year period or the submission can be done before?
I am asking because I guess in the online form they ask to choose an appointment for BRP, so can this be chosen prior to application been submitted?
Thanks,
Bruno

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation Application

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:12 pm

Can you please keep your questions in this topic which is yours instead of tagging onto a discussion topic which is for after application.
Can anyone guide on how to calculate 1 year period? Is it the same date that is listed on your ILR permit or one day later than that? Is the form to be submitted after this 1 year period or the submission can be done before?
Same day ILR was granted. It really makes no difference if you apply one or 10 days later. You don't lose the ability to apply for citizenship. You can only submit and pay on the form when you meet the requirement. You cannot apply early.
I am asking because I guess in the online form they ask to choose an appointment for BRP, so can this be chosen prior to application been submitted?
You cannot make an appointment before you have applied and paid.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.