ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Implications of visa transfer from Work permit to Tier 1 dep

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vivekR

Implications of visa transfer from Work permit to Tier 1 dep

Post by vivekR » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:17 am

Hi all,

I have been in the UK for over 3.5 years with my wife and child as dependents. In fact, will be 4 years in October.

There have been a spate of redundancies at my work place and though I dont have any fear of a redundancy at the moment, I dont want to wait until that happens.

My wife has the necessary qualifications and other requirements to apply for a Tier 1 visa and in turn my kid and I become dependents.

What I really need to know is that in case my wife changes her visa to a tier 1 and I am able to hold on to my visa, how will it our ILR application. Does it mean, she will not be able to include herself to my ILR, as she will no longer be a dependant of my Visa.

I am hoping I have made my question clear, however pls do get back with any questions.

Thanking you all for this wonderful help on this forum.

Rgds
vR

Any answers will be greatly appreciated.

Rgds,
VivekR

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:37 am

vivekR,
It is a good approach to help you protect the family from uncertainty.
You can keep your WP until reaching ILR, by then, as long as your dependants have been living legally in the UK and you can prove that you have been toghether for the past five years (two?) then they can be added to your ILR application. Up to that moment, they are dependants on your ILR application.

However, when she gets the Tier 1 visa, then she will be ready to add you to her visa as a dependant. The problem here is that if you loose your job and transfer to her visa as a dependant, your clock will be reset......however you will be allowed to stay and work legally in the country.

Option C is to start finding a new sponsor for your WP, one that would operate until you can apply for ILR...this things take time and is better to be prepared.
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)