ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

adequate maintenance through family support for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

redcarpert
United Kingdom

adequate maintenance through family support for spouse visa

Post by redcarpert » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:57 pm

Hi all

I wonder if anyone can help me this infomration please.

my Brother would like to apply for his wife to come over and settle in the UK with him. He is getting personal independence payment (around approx 400+ a month). I am aware that he gets an excemption from the 18600 financal requirment, but he will need to show adequate maintenance.

He has all the other requirments but it's just this one.

My question is can my family member support him financlly to meet the adequate maintenance, if so how much do they need to pay him, how often and for how long prior to applying? he is not medically fit to work due to his condition, so he can't get a job yet. He gets medical notes from GP stating his not fit to work yet, when he does submit the application should he sumbit this as well?