ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need to maintain funds for Tier 2 dependants with A-Rated sponsored Partner

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sathish.kannan
Newly Registered

Do I need to maintain funds for Tier 2 dependants with A-Rated sponsored Partner

Post by sathish.kannan » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:06 pm

Hi,

My wife and son are currently in Tier 2 dependant visa. Their visas are expiring next month. I am working in A-rated sponsor company, and now I have switched to ILR. I was thinking no maintenance needed for my wife and son as I am working with A-Rated sponsor. But when I was filling up Tier-2 dependent extension visa application, in the list of documentation which I need to submit, they asked Documents showing at least £1260.00 in cash savings for 90 consecutive days. I am not sure if I need to show the maintenance or not. I don't have sufficient fund to show for two dependants (I can show for one though). Can anyone please advice me how can I handle this situation? I don't have much time, so I would really appreciate a quicker response.

Thanks,

Kind regards,
Sathish

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Do I need to maintain funds for Tier 2 dependants with A-Rated sponsored Partner

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:40 am

Your sponsor cannot certify maintenance for your dependents once you have ILR. The rules are clear on this as you are no longer a sponsored employee.

90 days funds of £630 for each dependent is mandatory in either of your accounts, UK or abroad, otherwise their application will be refused. If two dependents are applying, you need maintenance funds for two.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sathish.kannan
Newly Registered

Re: Do I need to maintain funds for Tier 2 dependants with A-Rated sponsored Partner

Post by sathish.kannan » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:05 pm

Ohh.. Ok.. thanks for the clarification.