ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for Sri Lankan parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

brandy79
Scotland

Visa for Sri Lankan parents

Post by brandy79 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:46 pm

Hi
My Sri Lankan husband was given settled status in July after we exercised treaty rights in Ireland, I'm British. We wanted to bring his parents over for a trip. Can we use the settled status family permit route to apply for them? That seems to be the only route where dependance is assumed. Looked at Settled Status family permit online and it doesn't seem to fit our situation.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Visa for Sri Lankan parents

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:53 pm

No. The only option might be standard visitor visa for which they have to show strong ties with home country such as property, savings, family, pension etc
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

brandy79
Scotland

Post by brandy79 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:32 pm

My husband gained his visa through EU directive therefore would that not also apply to our family?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:16 am

brandy79 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:32 pm
My husband gained his visa through EU directive therefore would that not also apply to our family?
Thanks
No as they did not live in the other EU state and love back to the UK with you under the EEA rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.