ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier II visa travelling out of the UK - urgent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

muneebnaseem
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Tier II visa travelling out of the UK - urgent

Post by muneebnaseem » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:04 pm

Hi All

I am currently working in the UK on a tier II general visa. I resigned from my job to work in another country, my employer has just informed the home office about the end of employment today. I plan to travel to France for a few days and return to pack up and leave the UK. Would it be a problem for me to re-enter UK after my trip to France given that the home office has already been informed of this. I believe at the end of employment we still have a 60 day period for which the visa is valid but not sure if it is going to be a problem to travel or not. Please guide, urgent

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Re: Tier II visa travelling out of the UK - urgent

Post by gag285 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:11 pm

IMHO , your Tier 2 visa will lapse (per immigration rules) as soon as you leave the UK in your situation. Home office may not get to your case by the time you leave and return as the process could take time. This means when you return you will most likely have to answer questions about your employment. I am not sure how would you handle that.

muneebnaseem
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Tier II visa travelling out of the UK - urgent

Post by muneebnaseem » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:14 pm

I talked to a lawyer who says that it will take a lot of time for your status to be updated on their system since such reports takes weeks to process. In any case show them a 1 way ticket out of the UK since you plan to leave any ways, if there is a problem on the border