ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

behold: new record from dept. of justice (visa section)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashimashi

behold: new record from dept. of justice (visa section)

Post by ashimashi » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:47 pm

my sister applied in an Irish embassy abroad for a visit visa on April 17th, and we hadn't heard any thing back from them so I decided to give them a ring yesterday to see why there's no news of it after 10 weeks.

Guess what, they told me they received the application here in June 4th and they are currently processing it! Yes right, it took them 48 days to receive the application from the embassy!!!!

Considering that the city the application was made in is roughly 3500km away, this means that the average speed the application travelled at was around 3.0 km/h. In other word if she had walked with the application she would have been here by now !!!!

Only in Ireland....

astartes

Re: behold: new record from dept. of justice (visa section)

Post by astartes » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:24 pm

ashimashi wrote:Only in Ireland....
You should report this to your nation's Embassy in Ireland and to your nation's foreign affairs ministry. Write a nice letter keeping to the factual information -- address it to the Consul of your nation in Ireland and to your foreign affairs minister. They need to be informed of such things.

Please do this for the sake of your co-nationals. Do not allow Ireland to get away with mistreating your people.

pam pam
Newly Registered

Post by pam pam » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:27 pm

@ poster,
You damn funny!!!!!! man.

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:22 pm

ashimashi...what a hilarious joke!! can't stop laughing!!! you must take up the matter further