ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

requesting other documents before a decision is made

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aanchal94
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

requesting other documents before a decision is made

Post by aanchal94 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:32 am

Hi all,

Ive already applied for Tier 2 work visa sponsored by work and maintenance covered too. Its almost been 2 week since I did my biometrics and submitted my passport and other documents.

I received am email from the decision making centre requesting for Police clearance certificate (homecountry). I dont have this documentation ready as it is something that was not requested earlier or was not even on the document checklist provided. Although, I have already applied to obtain this certificate. Unfortunately to do so, I would need my original passport for certain verifications which is now with the home office.

I have lived in the UK for the last 5 years and checklist had a DBS uk which was provided at the time of application. But they are now requesting for my home country's clearance certificate

Im not sure what to do as I cant get the clearance cert till I have my passport. I have also emailed the UK visa and immigration using gov.uk link but have not heard anything.

Anybody had a similar thing happening? Any help or advice will be appreciated :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: requesting other documents before a decision is made

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:04 am

Presumably you have applied outside the UK??

The requirement is clear on his website which occupations require this. Give you previously as about supplementary work for opticians, you are I am guessing in that firld, which needs a PCC.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/docum ... st-provide
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aanchal94
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: requesting other documents before a decision is made

Post by aanchal94 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:55 am

Yes I know I need a PCC and have applied for the same.

To get the PCC I need my original passport with me to verify my identity. The main requirement is passport and not any other form of ID.

My passport is with the home office as im in the middle of the visa process, so not sure how should I do this now.