ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what is "immigration application"?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

obormot
Member of Standing
France

child consent and proof fo living in UK

Post by obormot » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:31 am

I apply for naturalization for me and children. My husband is not applying at this time. We are all EU citizens, and we all have PR.

1. Adults have PR status for more then 12 months, but children have it for less then 12 months (on the PR letter HO put later "starting dates" for them at the time, I am not sure why).
Am I correct that it does not matter, as children do not have a requirement to wait 12 months after PR?

2. I assume I need to include both my husband's passport and PR card, as it is expected that children are registered, only if one parent gets citizenship and other is settled?

3. Are there any templates for consent forms?
Can we write one letter for both children and both parents sign it? Or has it to be one letter per each child?

4. They say I have to submit "Proof of living in the UK":
If you are an EEA National, you need to include letters from employers, educational establishments or other government departments, indicating your presence in the UK during the relevant 3- or 5-year period.
I work full time in the same place for 6 years. Is it enough to just submit one letter from my employer stating the length of my employment? Do I need to submit anything else, like forms P60, or.. ?

Thank you!

obormot
Member of Standing
France

what is "immigration application"?

Post by obormot » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:44 am

What should I list as "previous immigration applications"?

My understanding is that I do not need to list EU PR application, but I need to list EU settled application, right?

Also, in 1998 I applied for a UK work permit (university lecturer), got it, and worked on it in UK for about one year. I left UK after that, no irregularities.
I had the same name (I never changed my name), but I was not EU citizen then.
I do not have my old passport, but I do have that work permit.
Should I list it as "immigration application"?

Also, do I need to list employments in last 10 years BEFORE I came to UK ?
in UK I work in the same place from day one.

trueblue19
United Kingdom

Re: what is "immigration application"?

Post by trueblue19 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:50 am

You need to declare all the 'UK' immigration applications. I would suggest providing details of each and every UK immigration application going back to the first ever and listing down to the recentmost.