ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply first British Passport from india for child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gskall
India

Apply first British Passport from india for child

Post by gskall » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:21 pm

Hi All,

We had a baby born in UK in 2017. I am on Tier-2 dependent visa at that time.
After 8 months, i went to India along with child(child has indian passport but no visa) and the kid stayed with grandparents in India till date.
But i returned after 3 months.
Recently, my spouse got ILR and so my child is eligible to be british.
we applied for MN1 from India and got certificate of registration as british for my child.
Now our question is how to apply for british passport from India as both parents are in UK.
Do we need any affidavit or notary saying child is taken care by grandparents. what documents do we need to submit for passport application from India.
Can someone help us with the process.

Thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Apply first British Passport from india for child

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:32 pm

You can apply for the passport here. It may be much easier and faster than applying from India. You can then send the passport by special delivery to India or take it there yourself if your child needs to travel back.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

gskall
India

Post by gskall » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:27 pm

Hi Zimba,

Thanks for your response.
Account to website https://www.gov.uk/apply-renew-passport i see that we need to apply in India if child is residing in India.
Can you please confirm.

Thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:16 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

gskall
India

Post by gskall » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:29 pm

If you say start now in that link and give details like residing country is India and date of birth and birth country as uk...it is taking to below location
https://www.passport.service.gov.uk/ove ... ed-kingdom

Thanks in advance

sri7
India

Post by sri7 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:28 pm

Hi, I am in the same boat. Child born in 2017 in UK. Went to India with Indian passport. Now we have received his Naturalisation certificate and want to apply his British Passport. Please help me..can i apply here or from India. Also Counter signatury have to be a professional like GP,Pharmacist etc. or can it be just a british passport holder? Please help me,thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:35 am

Children do NOT get naturalised, they get registered :!:
You can apply from here, simply choose that the applicant is here. Parents apply on behalf of their babies and babies do not need to attend enrol Biometrics

gskall
India

Post by gskall » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:12 am

Thanks Zimba,

But we need to submit Indian passport as well to his british passport application. Based on stamps they should be able to know that kid did not travel back to UK. so it seems to be risky to furnish wrong information.

Did anyone done like this earlier?

Thanks

scher

Post by scher » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:59 pm

Hi gskall,
Sorry for jumping on your post,I have submitted my child's MN1 application from uk but my child is in India currently.I was asked to submit my documents by post. I have myne and my wife's Passport and BRP cards here and other relevant documents here except my son's passport. So can I send photocopy of my son's passport or do I need Indian lawyer attestation on my son's passport photocopy..

I can also write a letter explaining the reason for sending photocopy in a cover letter and they can check/verify his passport when my son goes to give his bio metrics in India ..Also If we post our original documents to home office,for how long they will keep our original documents and in how many days we can expect our original documents back to us..

Please share your experience of this process..
Thanks and Regards,
scher.