ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language requirement and HO self-assessment tool

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raghu_tallam

English language requirement and HO self-assessment tool

Post by raghu_tallam » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:49 pm

Dear all,
As per the self-assessment tool (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ssessment/), I get enough points for my english language requirement for my degree (B.E at BITS, Pilani).

So I think it should be enough to send my degree certificate and letter from my university stating that my degree was taught in English.

Am I still required to take IELTS etc test or the above should be fine?

Many thanks and regards
Raghu

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: English language requirement and HO self-assessment tool

Post by rajesh9pl » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:55 pm

If you degree is present in Self Assesment tool then you only need to send your degree certificate, no addtional letter or anything else is required to score points in English section.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:31 pm

From your other post it seems you had received your HSMP approval prior to 05-Dec-06. If this is indeed the case, you do not need to fulfil Tier 1 criteria for extension.

Reading HSMP Judicial Review Policy Document might be useful.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

raghu_tallam

Post by raghu_tallam » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:05 am

Hi sushdmehta,
Thanks a lot for the info. I got answers to first post in the forums else where.

But I may prefer to with Tier 1 (as I get enough points) instead of Old HSMP route, unless there is any advantage.

So, can you let me know if I still require to take English language test?

Many thx
Raghu

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:42 pm

Let me put it in another way - Does switching to Tier 1 offers you any advantage? My suggestion would be that you stick to the original category, but you are the best judge of your case.

For English language requirement under Tier 1, use the self-assessment tool and if your qualification is listed under the "english requirement section", then you do not need to take a test or provide NARIC letter or provide university letter.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

raghu_tallam

Post by raghu_tallam » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:13 pm

Great. Thanks so much for the clarification. My qualification is listed in self-assessment tool.

I do not have any preference for Tier1 ext over HSMP old style ext. It's just that Tier1 ext requirements are stated clearly. I am not sure what will be ext requirements for HSMP old style. I ll wait and see.