ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa for My Nephew from Pakistan

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Visit Visa for My Nephew from Pakistan

Post by ilrupdates » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:05 pm

Dear valued members,
I want my nephew (My sister son) to see me for a about 3 weeks.
He is serving as a primary school teacher there in Pakistan and I am a British citizen.

Do I have to prove his relationship to me as my nephew ? if yes then How can I prove his relationship ?
Does he need to have good amount of savings in his bank account?
Shall I send him some money regularly every moth direct to his bank account from my bank account or its not necessary?
What else shall I/He provide to make this application successful?
Any further advice please.

Kind Regards and thanks in anticipation
Disclaimer: I am neither an immigration lawyer nor an OISC qualified/registered member. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Visit Visa for My Nephew from Pakistan

Post by seagul » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:32 pm

More than proving your relationship with him his social ties with Pakistan such as property, saving, family, job will be important to convince the ECO that he will leave UK. Also his bank statements must have sufficient funds to cover the cost of his trip and for this purpose any sudden/frequent/ large sum of money transfer might create suspicion.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:45 pm

Thank you very much Seagul for your prompt reply. Yes I understand he has to show strong links and ties to Pakistan so ECO is satisfied that this person will go back to his country.

He gets paid every month form his department and saves some amount in his same bank account.
Apart from this shall I provide the followings ?
Do I need to send him any sponsorship letter/invitation etc when he applies for his visit visa ?
Do I have to supply my home inspection certificate to show that enough space is available for his 3 weeks stay in my house?
anything else I can supply? Please some more advice in this respect.

Thank you
Disclaimer: I am neither an immigration lawyer nor an OISC qualified/registered member. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:22 am

If you search the same section of forum then will find a lot of other member's threads sharing their documents and experiences over getting visit visa. Regarding home inspection, it will only be needed if some none-related adult is also living in your property.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.