ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding TB Certificate

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

metuniuk
Newly Registered

Regarding TB Certificate

Post by metuniuk » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:50 pm

Hi,

I am aware I need to have a valid TB certificate at time of Tier 4 entry clearance application. However, could you please inform me if TB certificate is expired after granting the entry clearance, do i require a valid TB certificate on arrival at a UK port or the expired certificate will be fine. I am struggling to find the relevant information from the Tier 4 policy guidance unfortunately I am unsuccessful. I would be grateful if you could provide any information regarding this confusion. Thanks in advance.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Regarding TB Certificate

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:04 pm

metuniuk wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:50 pm
Hi,

I am aware I need to have a valid TB certificate at time of Tier 4 entry clearance application. However, could you please inform me if TB certificate is expired after granting the entry clearance, do i require a valid TB certificate on arrival at a UK port or the expired certificate will be fine. I am struggling to find the relevant information from the Tier 4 policy guidance unfortunately I am unsuccessful. I would be grateful if you could provide any information regarding this confusion. Thanks in advance.
I helped a relative for his T4 visa. The TB certificate was required when the application was lodged but it wasn't requested when he entered the UK. It was only used for the application.

metuniuk
Newly Registered

Post by metuniuk » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:45 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:04 pm

I helped a relative for his T4 visa. The TB certificate was required when the application was lodged but it wasn't requested when he entered the UK. It was only used for the application.
Hi, thanks for your information. To confirm, could you please refer any reference from policy guidance or somewhere else so that it can be established as evidence that I dont require the valid one on the arrival at the airport legally.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:07 pm

metuniuk wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:45 pm
could you please refer any reference from policy guidance or somewhere else so that it can be established as evidence that I dont require the valid one on the arrival at the airport legally.
Appendix T of the immigration rules is about the requirement for TB screening for some applicants. It confirms that someone of a listed nationality applying for a visa for 6 months or more

must present at the time of application a valid medical certificate [...] confirming that they have undergone screening for active pulmonary tuberculosis and that such tuberculosis is not present in the applicant.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... -screening

That is all.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.