ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SuperH
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by SuperH » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:36 pm

abimfol wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:08 pm
Did you use biometric residence card or biometric residence permit?

I used BRC.
SuperH wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:38 am
N123 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:21 pm
Dear all,
any one got decession in this week?
plz find below my timeline
application submitted:11-07-19
Biomatric done on 13-07-19
COA: 15-07-19
Decession pending
Hi
if you have been waiting for 1 month and one week i have been waiting now for more than 4 months and every time i call them i hear the same thing “ We are doing some manual checks and everything is ok you need to wait” so be patient.

regards

Nasara1
United Kingdom

Post by Nasara1 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:06 pm

Littlemoor wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:06 pm
hrak1978 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:06 am
@hark1978

Indefinite. Settle stattus just now

Thank you

Good man, you will hear the good news. In my opinion you will get your reply within max 7 working days. I am very much sure it will be positive.

Good luck.
Can you please post your timeline.Thankyou

rebmar
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by rebmar » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:26 am

Manmoth wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:09 pm
Applied 15th May, wife already has a residence card so figured it would be straight forward.

No response yet. Called them and they said everything's fine. Any idea what's going on? How are people applying in July and getting responses days later?
I applied around the same time as you, same situation as my husband is Italian and has permanent residence here. After dozens of calls and intervention from my MP I was made aware of an IT issue that has apparently been stalling my decision. I have a feeling many applicants around the end of May beginning of June are experiencing the same thing.

Hopefully we hear back soon

Manmoth
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Manmoth » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:13 pm

rebmar wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:26 am
Manmoth wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:09 pm
Applied 15th May, wife already has a residence card so figured it would be straight forward.

No response yet. Called them and they said everything's fine. Any idea what's going on? How are people applying in July and getting responses days later?
I applied around the same time as you, same situation as my husband is Italian and has permanent residence here. After dozens of calls and intervention from my MP I was made aware of an IT issue that has apparently been stalling my decision. I have a feeling many applicants around the end of May beginning of June are experiencing the same thing.

Hopefully we hear back soon
Hope so lol. I'm getting more paranoid every day that it's some kind of ploy to delay things for non-EEA citizens long enough to just deport them by technicality once Brexit happens. I've had enough negative immigration experiences that I don't really trust the government on this. In some ways, it's comforting to hear that it's happening to your EU husband, because then it's maybe not just some tiered system where non-EEA applications are constantly shunted down the queue in preference of EU ones.

Also worth mentioning, my wife works in the civil service, and there's been a request through for volunteers to work the settlement scheme because they don't have enough people. It'd be ironic if she accepted it, she'd be working on the same scheme she's applied for. Don't think many are volunteering through: people know it's gonna be a temporary post.

Littlemoor
BANNED
Pakistan

@ nasra: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Littlemoor » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:53 am

Nasara1 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:06 pm
Littlemoor wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:06 pm
hrak1978 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:06 am

@nasara
Application. 9 July 2019
Biometric. 12 July
August 12 sent them email ..
August 14. Coa. 5.32pm
August 15. Some prove for me from July 2014 to Sep 2015
Prove sent same day
August 16. 11.50. Am. Settle stattus . Full

Sent my wife passport and id. French
Marriage certificate. English marriage done in 2013 sent certificate.

Just read case worker guide lines...
Follow the criteria.

And that it

Indefinite. Settle stattus just now

Thank you

Good man, you will hear the good news. In my opinion you will get your reply within max 7 working days. I am very much sure it will be positive.

Good luck.
Can you please post your timeline.Thankyou

1990phusang
France

Re: @ nasra: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by 1990phusang » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:42 am

Hi there, first of all congratulations on your successful application. I am going to apply soon as well . I just have one questing about your eu family passport has to sent passport as well? I mean when I am applying do I need to send my husband’s French passport and I’d? It it so then I have to wait 1 more month because I husband has gone to france for 1 month . Please kindly reply me back because I am very concern. Thank you for your time .

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:41 am

@1990phusang

You dont have to send any passport only if they have doubt that if the ID or passport is fake.

All the documents including passport you need to scan and upload.

You only sent if they ask you otherwise its rare to be honest.
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:42 am

@nasara1

Congrats. Glad to see that.

Enjoy the freedom.
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

1990phusang
France

Post by 1990phusang » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:08 pm

hrak1978 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:41 am
@1990phusang

You dont have to send any passport only if they have doubt that if the ID or passport is bad quality.

All the documents including passport you need to scan and upload.

You only sent if they ask you otherwise its rare to be honest.
Thank you for letting me know . I have one questions again . When we apply as a non eu national . Do I need to scan my husband passport in the application process . Or can we just upload their passport pdf file . Because my husband is now with me at the moment so I am very worried . What if I have to scan his document as while when processing. Then I have to wait 1 more month . Please help me with my quires.Thank you

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:12 pm

Scan all the documents including his passport. And when you will apply they will ask you to upload documents maximum limit is 10. At that point upload his passport scanned copy as well.

Kuku123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kuku123 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:08 am

Hi everyone I have made application under the Eu settlement scheme online. I received my COa same day.Bare in mind it is the lawyer who did it for me. I am applying as a spouse of eu national since I have 5yrs visa as eu spouse which will expire this coming months. My question is MUST my husband have to apply also? When I called HO they told me I need a sponsor ( my husband). When I applied online I scanned Uk marriage certificate, husband ID, husband p60 and all documents needed. Will they issue me ILR without my husband not applying too? Help me answer this

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:32 pm

Kuku123 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:08 am
Hi everyone I have made application under the Eu settlement scheme online. I received my COa same day.Bare in mind it is the lawyer who did it for me. I am applying as a spouse of eu national since I have 5yrs visa as eu spouse which will expire this coming months. My question is MUST my husband have to apply also? When I called HO they told me I need a sponsor ( my husband). When I applied online I scanned Uk marriage certificate, husband ID, husband p60 and all documents needed. Will they issue me ILR without my husband not applying too? Help me answer this
It help but he can apply later. So don't worry . My Ex still didn't apply and i've settled status
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

ar22
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ar22 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:06 pm

Dear all
We submitted the application today, my Mrs who already hold the permanent residence card, at the end of her application, she was told her application will be consider for “settled status”
After her application, submitted my application, was bit surprised to see, I was told the same
thing that my application will be consider for “settled status” even though we got married like
4.5 years ago , I have been living in UK over 5 years but have had a different visa category other then EU route and acquired EU family residence permit for 5 years issued in 2016, I guess we will see what I get.

Application submitted: 27-08-2019
COA received: 27-08-2019 (within 5 minutes, I guess an automated response)
Biometrics: not been asked to provide yet
Decision: pending

Best of luck to everyone.

iibdii
Palestine

Post by iibdii » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:26 pm

@hrak1978

Just an update my appeal for PR was not allowed and even though i had my Settlement Scheme lodged and bios done on 9th aug the portal still showing i need to do biomatrics.
Calledtody for COA and they confirmed bios reached them and its with case work and he will issue COA.
My question is is it usual that case worker issue COA?
What are the chances my appeal decision interfering with this application results?
I have 2 weeks to work after that i can not work if i dont get my COA. 😥😥😥 Im totally stressed now

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:12 am

@iibdii

My settled status was granted after Upper tribunal refusal and it was the sixth refusal in 3 years ( one PR, one ILR, 2 FTT, 2 UTT refused )

So dont worry, two weeks is hell of time. Call them on daily basis and push them to get COA.

iibdii
Palestine

Post by iibdii » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:40 pm

Thank you very much for this reply calmed me down a bit.
I could go on my kid basis for 2 and half year and once finish i will have 20 years residency legal and illegal combined but i wanted to fight through this route.
I am not going to UT or do u think i should lodge another appeal? I might also be eligible for zombaro but i haven't read the guide yet.
Im lucky that they sent my passport back after rejection of PR or i wouldn't have been able to apply for Settlement scheme

Kuku123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kuku123 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:42 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:32 pm
Kuku123 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:08 am
It help but he can apply later. So don't worry . My Ex still didn't apply and i've settled status

Please askmeplz can you write down your timeframes please

Kuku123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kuku123 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:46 pm

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:13 am

Kuku123 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:46 pm
How many more times are you going to post the same question? Someone did already respond to your first question you asked!!

eea-route-applications/eu-settlement-no ... l#p1818225
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MM24
United Kingdom

Post by MM24 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:59 pm

Hi all

I have applied without a brc (im on a tier 2 at the moment and recently married a polish citizen) and it informs me I need to post my passport but never gave me details of where to post it to. Does this happen after I do my biometrics (10th Sept)?

asadaqeel
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by asadaqeel » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:37 am

MM24 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:59 pm
Hi all

I have applied without a brc (im on a tier 2 at the moment and recently married a polish citizen) and it informs me I need to post my passport but never gave me details of where to post it to. Does this happen after I do my biometrics (10th Sept)?
Hi Mate,

I have been told that you don't need to send your passport if you do your Biometrics.

1990phusang
France

Post by 1990phusang » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:47 am

Hello , I am non eu spouse without brc . To apply do I need download eu exit settlement scheme . I tried and couldn’t see my identity check . I am confuse now do I need to go and booked biometric or Do I need to apply first ? Please help

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:11 am

1990phusang wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:47 am
Hello , I am non eu spouse without brc . To apply do I need download eu exit settlement scheme . I tried and couldn’t see my identity check . I am confuse now do I need to go and booked biometric or Do I need to apply first ? Please help

NO Biometrics = Online only . You can not use the app
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

1990phusang
France

Post by 1990phusang » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:38 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:11 am
1990phusang wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:47 am

NO Biometrics = Online only . You can not use the app
Thank you for reply . I managed to do that now I have submitted my application and just booked today’s appointment which is 100£ I was shocked . It very expensive. Just concern after biometric .what is the next step should I have to take ? Do I need to go to the application again and need to do something. Please don’t mind me I am not good at all this things. Thanks

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:20 pm

They have the free option too. But it is normally after 2 weeks.

£100 is for next day appointment or same day or within a week.

You should have gone through all the option.