ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set (O) Online application - visited more than one country within one trip

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cmon123
Newly Registered
Canada

Set (O) Online application - visited more than one country within one trip

Post by cmon123 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:08 pm

Hello!

I've been searching this message board but I haven't been able to find an answer, apologies if it's been asked before.

I'm filling out the Set (O) form for ILR online and for the section asking " Any other time spent outside the UK and Crown Dependencies" how to I handle a trip where I went to more than one country? The online form only allows you to pick one country at a time and requires you to fill out the dates you left the UK, then the ones you re-entered.

I went on a trip where I left the UK Sept 21 2016, flew to Canada for 3 days, then to the US, then re-entered the UK Sept 28, 2016.

On the form would I do 2 entries (one for both countries) with the same dates and explain the reason? Or would I just note one country (ie. USA) and then explain I flew into one country, and out of the other?

Thanks

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Set (O) Online application - visited more than one country within one trip

Post by aman90 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:37 pm

cmon123 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:08 pm
Hello!

I've been searching this message board but I haven't been able to find an answer, apologies if it's been asked before.

I'm filling out the Set (O) form for ILR online and for the section asking " Any other time spent outside the UK and Crown Dependencies" how to I handle a trip where I went to more than one country? The online form only allows you to pick one country at a time and requires you to fill out the dates you left the UK, then the ones you re-entered.

I went on a trip where I left the UK Sept 21 2016, flew to Canada for 3 days, then to the US, then re-entered the UK Sept 28, 2016.

On the form would I do 2 entries (one for both countries) with the same dates and explain the reason? Or would I just note one country (ie. USA) and then explain I flew into one country, and out of the other?

Thanks
It not a very important question. Any answer shall suffice. If you were flying via Air Canada to US and it stopped at its hub where you decided to take 3 days it would be USA.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:40 pm

cmon123 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:08 pm
Hello!

Thanks
All what matters is the entry and exit to UK. So it will be UK to the last destination.
It will be UK to USA and you get a space to provide the reason. Mention you stayed in Canada for 3 days on those particular dates.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

cmon123
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by cmon123 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:01 pm

Thank you so much! I definitely think I'm overthinking things!

cmon123
Newly Registered
Canada

ILR Change to English Requirement for Canadians?

Post by cmon123 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:04 am

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can advise or might be in the same situation and let me know how they're planning on proceeding.

I was all done my online Set(O) application (via Tier 2) for ILR. I had gone all the way to the payment page, but stopped there as I didn't want to send it in too early. I had even printed it out last week to double check it all on paper.

As I went back in today to pay/send it off, it seems like I had a "new" section to fill out for English requirement. I hold a Canadian passport, every where on the documentation/gov website it states that my Canadian passport is enough to meet the requirement. I never had to fill out this section before and even my list of required documentation at the end stated to show my Canadian passport as proof.

But now I have to answer if I have a degree to prove my English status. If I say yes, it then adds it in my list of needed documentation, along with needing a NARIC letter. If I say no, it asks me if I'm except due to age/illness (both no).

Anyone else experience this? How should I proceed?

My diploma is back in Canada. I can always get it overnight Fedex'd over here, and I"ll have to dish out £350 for this NARIC thing but seems like a giant waste when as a Canadian, it says I should be exempt...

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:12 am

It is a glitch in the online form. Just say yes and ignore the document list. Canadians are exempt and your answer on the form is not the basis for the decision
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

samus
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by samus » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:04 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:12 am
It is a glitch in the online form. Just say yes and ignore the document list. Canadians are exempt and your answer on the form is not the basis for the decision
I assume this is also the case for all nationalities exempt from the Knowledge of Language requirement? My wife, a US citizen, is applying for ILR as a Tier 2 dependent and we encountered the same glitch in the online SET(O) today.

samus
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by samus » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:49 pm

samus wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:04 pm
Zimba wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:12 am
I assume this is also the case for all nationalities exempt from the Knowledge of Language requirement? My wife, a US citizen, is applying for ILR as a Tier 2 dependent and we encountered the same glitch in the online SET(O) today.
Also, although the NARIC letter and degree transcript are listed under "Other documents" and not "Mandatory documents", the form is not allowing us to proceed without ticking those boxes. Based on some other posts with similar issues I assume the solution is simply to tick the boxes, safe in the knowledge that the documents are not actually required and won't be requested, but I would be grateful for some peace of mind on that...

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:11 am

Simply answer No in the form if asked for English language degree
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

samus
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by samus » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:15 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:11 am
Simply answer No in the form if asked for English language degree
Thank you. For the benefit of anyone else with this issue, I've also just called the UKVI helpline and they also advised to answer "no" to the degree question (notwithstanding that my wife does have an English language degree...) to avoid getting sent down the wrong track. This certainly seems like something they need to fix in the workflow of the online application.

The followup questions, which we're also all "No" for, are:

"Have you passed an approved English language test?" -> No.
"Are you claiming an exemption from the English language test due to a medical or mental condition?" -> No.
"Do you have exceptional compassionate circumstances that prevent you from taking the test?" -> No.