ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 visa - transfer university

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mklmh
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 4 visa - transfer university

Post by mklmh » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:48 pm

Hello guys, having anxiety here.

Wanted to ask:

Completed 2nd year at a university and transferring to a 3rd year (final year) at another university - due to personal reasons.

Withdrew from former sponsor and got the official withdrawal email from my former sponsor.

CAS will be issued from my new sponsor soon.

1) Do I need to receive the official Home Office curtailment letter before I can apply for a new tier 4 visa?

2) I have feeling my new visa might be rejected.

Please do reach out if you face similar issues of sorts and can help.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 4 visa - transfer university

Post by sah10406 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:00 pm

mklmh wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:48 pm
1) Do I need to receive the official Home Office curtailment letter before I can apply for a new tier 4 visa?
No.
mklmh wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:48 pm
2) I have feeling my new visa might be rejected.
You don't say why you feel this, but the process and requirements will be the same as when you applied for your original visa. I assume you know that you must apply in your home country, not in the UK, because you did not complete the course for which your previous leave was issued.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

mklmh
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mklmh » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:54 pm

Hi Sah,

Thanks for that.

Yeah. My previous agent told me that two students before me about 4 years back - who did the same thing (year 2 to year 3 at another Uni) - got their visa refused cause the case worker felt that they were not serious with their studies and should take a year out to rest. Only accepting them a year later.

They’re not granted with any interviews at all as well.

I don’t get it cause I didn’t know they can refuse a visa with those reasons.

Have you come across cases like mine before? I just wanna graduate..

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:56 pm

mklmh wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:54 pm
My previous agent told me that two students before me about 4 years back - who did the same thing (year 2 to year 3 at another Uni) - got their visa refused cause the case worker felt that they were not serious with their studies and should take a year out to rest. Only accepting them a year later.

They’re not granted with any interviews at all as well.

I don’t get it cause I didn’t know they can refuse a visa with those reasons.

Have you come across cases like mine before? I just wanna graduate..
If you have concerns about a credibility interview, ask your new Tier 4 sponsor for guidance.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.