ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (T2 dep) - bank statements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samus
Newly Registered
United States of America

ILR (T2 dep) - Previous passport question

Post by samus » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:29 pm

I am a naturalised British citizen - previously settled on a T2 visa. My wife is now eligible for ILR as a T2 dependent so we are preparing to file on SET(O).

One of the "Other Documents" to be provided is: "All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK".

Her currently valid passport was issued just prior to her original T2 dependent visa grant, so her entire UK immigration record for her 5 year qualifying period is encompassed by that current passport. However, on her previous expired passport she made several short-term visits to the UK as a tourist. The trouble is, we do not have that passport in our possession right now; it is back in the USA.

Will it be sufficient to have my in-laws scan all the pages in the previous passport and email them to us, or will we definitely need the original in hand?

Would the process permit us to apply now, and only if the Home Office requests the previous passport we would arrange for it to be shipped over in a few business days, or would that risk forfeiting our entire application fee?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR (T2 dep) - Previous passport question

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:07 pm

samus wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:29 pm
I am a naturalised British citizen - previously settled on a T2 visa. My wife is now eligible for ILR as a T2 dependent so we are preparing to file on SET(O).

One of the "Other Documents" to be provided is: "All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK".

Her currently valid passport was issued just prior to her original T2 dependent visa grant, so her entire UK immigration record for her 5 year qualifying period is encompassed by that current passport. However, on her previous expired passport she made several short-term visits to the UK as a tourist. The trouble is, we do not have that passport in our possession right now; it is back in the USA.

Will it be sufficient to have my in-laws scan all the pages in the previous passport and email them to us, or will we definitely need the original in hand?

Would the process permit us to apply now, and only if the Home Office requests the previous passport we would arrange for it to be shipped over in a few business days, or would that risk forfeiting our entire application fee?
All you need is the original CURRENT passport for the UKVCAS appointment. Scanned copy of previous passport is fine. So yes someone can scan and send over via email. I highly doubt HO will ever ask for the original later.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

samus
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: ILR (T2 dep) - Previous passport question

Post by samus » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:51 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:07 pm
All you need is the original CURRENT passport for the UKVCAS appointment. Scanned copy of previous passport is fine. So yes someone can scan and send over via email. I highly doubt HO will ever ask for the original later.
That's great, thank you very much!

samus
Newly Registered
United States of America

ILR (T2 dep) - bank statements

Post by samus » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:46 pm

Hello,

My wife has applied for settlement on SET(O) as a Tier 2 dependent with 5 years' residence. I am a British citizen who settled on T2 previously.

Although the documents we were required to provide include my consent to verification on joint accounts, we have not actually been requested to provide any bank account statements or other financial information. Is that correct? I'm pretty sure I had to provide them for my own settlement, but is it different because she is married to a (now) BC?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR (T2 dep) - bank statements

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:50 pm

Not required for Tier 2 dependents. You being British has no relevance.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

samus
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: ILR (T2 dep) - bank statements

Post by samus » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:12 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:50 pm
Not required for Tier 2 dependents. You being British has no relevance.
Thank you CR001. Is that a new development? I'm just a bit confused because in this post (also dealing with a T2 dependent applying for ILR) you state that most applicants provide three months of payslips and bank statements (which in our case would be my payslips and a mix of joint and solely-my bank statements).

Her document checklist from the SET(O) also didn't include any co-habitation documents which seems contrary to many peoples' experiences here so I'm trying to figure out why the difference for us...