ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) detail in absence letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lhrflyer
Newly Registered
England

SET(O) detail in absence letter

Post by lhrflyer » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:22 pm

Hi

Firstly thanks for all the info in the forum. It's proved extremely useful so far in my route to a (hopefully soon) SET(O) application based on 5 years on Tier 2.

I'm not in the best of terms with my current employer and want to make the letters as smooth and simple as possible (wish I didn't need them at all!).

For the absence letter, when I've been on annual leave, would it be ok if my employer only certifies the days I've been on annual leave, leaving out weekends or bank holidays and I provide a separate sheet detailing those?

Example: Exit UK on Saturday 24/8 and back in UK Saturday 31/8. Monday 26/8 is a bank holiday. Line in employee letter as follows:
"- 27/8 to 30/8 - 4 days annual leave"
I then provide a separate information (or the form itself) stating:
- 24/8 to 31/8 - personal travel to xxx - 6 full days outside UK

Thanks in advance for any information!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: SET(O) detail in absence letter

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:44 am

Your employer does not need to specify dates. As long as they confirm your absences from work where permitted by them.
Also HO only cares about your absences from the UK, not time off work or weekends :?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

lhrflyer
Newly Registered
England

Post by lhrflyer » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:29 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply. I see all sample letters contain dates which is why I'm asking. I know HO only care about absence from the UK but the point is many times I was away from the UK both _on_ annual leave _and_ on a weekend.

So in the end, are you saying a blanket statement from my employer is fine? State number of days annual leave, and that I have not been away from my job in circumstances other than annual leave?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:38 am

Yes it is fine. HO does not care you took time off employment as per your holiday allowance. The rules demand that absences from the UK must be in line with a work visa like Tier 2 and permitted by the employer. That is why you get an employer letter
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

lhrflyer
Newly Registered
England

Post by lhrflyer » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:21 pm

Great thanks a lot!