ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration health surcharge - Exempt?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

m_grace0816
Newly Registered
United States of America

UK Family Visa - entry clearance question

Post by m_grace0816 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:23 pm

Hi, I am residing in the UK under a Tier 2 ICT visa and am now applying for a family visa as I have now married my fiancé who is a UK citizen by birth. I'm a bit confused by the wording of the below question:

Is your current entry clearance or leave to remain as the partner of one of the following?
- a British citizen
- a person settled in the UK
- a person with refugee leave or a person with humanitarian protection in the UK

Is this question referring to myself, in which I should answer this question as "No" as I am here only under Tier 2 ICT?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Family Visa - entry clearance question

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:30 pm

Is this question referring to myself, in which I should answer this question as "No" as I am here only under Tier 2 ICT?
Yes it is referring to you the applicant as you are the one with leave to remain. Simply answer NO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

m_grace0816
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: UK Family Visa - entry clearance question

Post by m_grace0816 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:39 pm

Thank you :D

m_grace0816
Newly Registered
United States of America

Family Visa - 2 year living together requirement

Post by m_grace0816 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:34 am

Hi, I am residing in the UK under a Tier 2 ICT visa and am now applying for a family visa as I have now married my fiancé who is a UK citizen by birth. We have only lived together for about 1.5 years but the application is still requesting items of correspondence addressed to me and my husband as evidence we have been living together since my last grant of leave in this category, or from the date we first started living together, covering the last 2 years. Is this still required even though we are now legally married and can provide our marriage certificate? Will my application be denied if I only submit correspondence from the last 1.5 years? Do I even need to submit these correspondence since we're married?

Thanks,
Macie

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Family Visa - 2 year living together requirement

Post by seagul » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:50 am

For initial spouse visa application there is no need of 2 years of cohabitation evidences rather any recent proof of address/residence individually/jointly addressed will be suffice.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

m_grace0816
Newly Registered
United States of America

Immigration health surcharge - Exempt?

Post by m_grace0816 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:02 pm

Hi, I am residing in the UK under a Tier 2 ICT visa and am now applying for a FLR (M) visa as I have now married my fiancé who is a UK citizen by birth. As my current company has already paid for my National Health Insurance for 5 years on my current visa am I exempt from paying this fee?

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Immigration health surcharge - Exempt?

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:04 pm

m_grace0816 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:02 pm
Hi, I am residing in the UK under a Tier 2 ICT visa and am now applying for a FLR (M) visa as I have now married my fiancé who is a UK citizen by birth. As my current company has already paid for my National Health Insurance for 5 years on my current visa am I exempt from paying this fee?

Thanks!
No you are not exempt. You have to pay the £1000 IHS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

m_grace0816
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Immigration health surcharge - Exempt?

Post by m_grace0816 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:49 pm

Thank you!