ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NARIC or English Test sufficient for English language requirement?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bariaji
Newly Registered
India

NARIC or English Test sufficient for English language requirement?

Post by bariaji » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:16 pm

Hi,

I am in process of applying for the British Citizenship. I received the ILR about 1.5 y back.
I am unsure of the English qualification requirements for the Citizenship as mentioned in the online form. In the documents section the following two are listed:
-NARIC letter that confirms the qualification meets or exceeds the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Masters degree or PhD in the UK AND confirm the level of English to which the degree was taught or researched
-The degree certificate to prove the level of English language required.

It doesn't mention anything about the English language test that was required or ILR.

I am from a non-native english speaking country and have no UK degree(but degrees taught in English in the home country). For the ILR I had submitted a Trinity B1 english test certificate.
Do I certainly have to go the NARIC route to meet the english language requirement or can I just go ahead with the application with my Trinity B1 certificate only ?

Quick response will be greatly appreciated !

Thank you
-bariaji

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: NARIC or English Test sufficient for English language requirement?

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:26 am

If you got ILR from Oct 2013 onwards, you automatically meet the English language requirement
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

khaledeng
Newly Registered

Post by khaledeng » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:47 pm

Hi All,

I am in the same position as bariaji. The online form will not ask if you done your ILR after Oct 2013, it still ask for Naric or certificate in english.

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:39 am

Online form is not perfect. The form inflexibility does not change the requirements.
If you have already satisfied the requirement to have sufficient knowledge of
language by obtaining a B1 level qualification and life in the UK for settlement, by
applying on or after 28 October 2013, you do not have to demonstrate it again.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1504871648
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:39 am

bariaji wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:16 pm
Hi,

I am in process of applying for the British Citizenship. I received the ILR about 1.5 y back.
I am unsure of the English qualification requirements for the Citizenship as mentioned in the online form. In the documents section the following two are listed:
-NARIC letter that confirms the qualification meets or exceeds the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Masters degree or PhD in the UK AND confirm the level of English to which the degree was taught or researched
-The degree certificate to prove the level of English language required.

It doesn't mention anything about the English language test that was required or ILR.

I am from a non-native english speaking country and have no UK degree(but degrees taught in English in the home country). For the ILR I had submitted a Trinity B1 english test certificate.
Do I certainly have to go the NARIC route to meet the english language requirement or can I just go ahead with the application with my Trinity B1 certificate only ?

Quick response will be greatly appreciated !

Thank you
-bariaji
Perhaps use the same documents you used while applying for ILR 1.5yrs ago..