ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in India to ILR Parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

VivDan
Newly Registered

Child born in India to ILR Parents

Post by VivDan » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:18 am

Hi,
We are expecting our baby next week (due on 11th March 19). Me and my wife both have ILR. I have just applied for naturalisation. Went for biometric on 19th Feb 19. So my british citizenship will happen after baby is born when I go back to UK. I understand that if baby is born in India and we both have ILR, baby needs to have ILR too (please correct me if I am wrong). Or can we apply for some other visa and get the baby to UK and apply for baby's citizenship after my citizenship is done? Or if we wait till I get my citizenship, does the child in india become eligible for citizenship ?
Also I wont be avaialble for passport and visa application? So can it be done on my wife as main applicant?
Also, do we need to register the baby to uk even if its born in india? Does registering mean child is eligible for NHS and vaccinations?
Any help will be appreciated?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child born in India to ILR Parents

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:26 am

You apply for child settlement visa, costs £1523 about. Child should be granted indefinite leave to enter. Child can apply for citizenship once you have citizenship. Child will be eligible for NHS. No need to register birth in the UK as cv old was not born in the UK.

Child would have been British automatically if born in the UK and would have been able to apply for a passport directly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VivDan
Newly Registered

Post by VivDan » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:39 am

Thanks very much. Can we use my wifes passport and visa for child's passport and visa? What documents would be needed for the application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:43 am

Yes, either parent and copy of your passport and brp ILR card.

Please read the form VAF4A which is an online form and Appendix 1 which is a paper form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VivDan
Newly Registered

Post by VivDan » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:55 am

Life Saver. Thank you so much !!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:10 am

You're welcome, feel free to ask any further questions once you have started going through the forms. You can continue in this topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

VivDan
Newly Registered

Post by VivDan » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:40 pm

Our experience so far:
For birth certificate, we made sure that hospital has my wifes name same as on her passport. Hospital gave us a letter with our names on it and if you have decided baby's name, then you can get the birth certificate on the same day for Rs 50. We got this in literally 10 mins in the local municipal corporation. Although they didnt ask, but carry passport and aadhar card original and xerox for both parents when you go.
For passport, we applied for tatkal this morning and have already received text message that it has been printed and dispatched. Make sure both parents passport have spouse name added and that the baby's address filled in the online form is same as that of fathers passport. Make sure to carry xerox of both passport and that they are signed individually. Carry a xerox of birth certificate and passport photo of baby. For me, I clicked baby photo through my phone on white background when he was awake and took it to local photo shop. Dimensions 45 cm x 35 cm.

VivDan
Newly Registered

Post by VivDan » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:12 am

How do we apply for VAF4A Appendix 1 if I am in UK and my wife and baby are in India.
Do I apply via VFS online and ask wife to take printout of appendix 1 form to the appointment?
What documents are needed for visa from UK and from India? Do I need to submit documents within UK or send them to India?
Thanks.

VivDan
Newly Registered

Post by VivDan » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:50 pm

Any idea about the above?

VivDan
Newly Registered

Post by VivDan » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:37 am

Can someone please respond, its a bit urgent?

Prasanthnd
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Prasanthnd » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:24 pm

VivDan wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:55 am
I am in the same situation, could you please confirm have you applied through https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/child link

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:29 pm

Prasanthnd wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:24 pm
VivDan wrote:
I am in the same situation, could you please confirm have you applied through https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/child link

Thanks
There is only ONE form for children born abroad to parents who are settled in the UK. You have been given correct information in your own topic already!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Prasanthnd
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Prasanthnd » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:41 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:29 pm
Prasanthnd wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:24 pm
VivDan wrote:

Thanks
There is only ONE form for children born abroad to parents who are settled in the UK. You have been given correct information in your own topic already!!
Thank you for your quick reply and help. thanks again.