ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Additional documents sent for Tier 1 application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JayTulip
Newly Registered

Additional documents sent for Tier 1 application

Post by JayTulip » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:19 am

I applied to switch to Tier 1 with a valid HSMP letter within the UK. Not sure what daft moment I have been having then, but I misread the requirement for maintenance and only sent in my current account statements, where the balance at end of month was always 800 pounds, but NOT at ANY TIME during the past 3 month prior to the application. So, now I am planning to send the statements from my savings account, which is direcly linked to my current account as these accounts are both with HSBC and should be looked at in conjunction.
Upon calling the Home Office team, one caseworker told me to send the documents in NOW because once my case is assigned a case worker it is unlikely they will accept any additional documents. The second time I called, another caseworker said that I should NOT be sending anything until my case is actually on the system, otherwise they have nothing with which to match my additional documentation.
I applied on 1st July and received a reference number on 3rd July. My case is not in the system yet and I am anxious about timing the posting of additional documents correcly.
Anyone had gone through a similar situation and can offer advise???
Also, does anyone know how do they actually match the additional documents coming in to the case already on the system? Home Office chap could not give me a comprehensive answer on that.

Many thanks and good luck to all going through the process.

Belchonok
Newly Registered

Post by Belchonok » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:08 am

my advice - send your addit.docs ASAP and add a cover letter which is clearly stating your name, DOB and most importantly - ur reference number.

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:44 am

Jay fax the docs and also send them by Special del with a covering letter mentioning ur ref no

JayTulip
Newly Registered

Additional documents for Tier 1

Post by JayTulip » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:21 am

Thank you for replies.
I have faxed a note to Home Office indicating my assigned reference number and stating that additional documents would be forthcoming by special delivery within 5 business days and that I am asking to hold my case before they arrive.

I plan to send a set of documents early next week as soon as I get statements from HSBC (I did not get paper statements for my savings before for environmental reasons).

I am still a bit concerned about the commens made by the second Home Office chap who said that if I fax and send stuff now, before my case in on the system, they will most likely be lost as Home Office will not have anything to match them to.

Being a risk manager by profession I am thinking of sending a set of statements now and then monitor for when my case gets set up on the system and send another set of statements then as well. I figured that between the two mailings I might get a bit lucky???

Thanks again to all and best wishes.

JayTulip
Newly Registered

When to send additional documents

Post by JayTulip » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:05 pm

Having spoken to 3 different people from Tier 1 customer service office I can now say that if anyone needs to send in additional documentation, the best time is between the day when your case is entered on the system and before it is assigned to a caseworker. I was explained that this period is about 2 weeks and one needs to monitor and time this window of opportunity correctly. It is also very helpful if you put your reference number below the address on the face of the envelope, giving yourself a bit more chance that someone will take notice and connect it with the rest of your paperwork.
Good luck to all.

bkarthikisc

Address

Post by bkarthikisc » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:25 pm

Thanks jaytulip...I have had a similar issue. My IT returns second page got missed out and i have to send it to them. Which address did you send it to - Sheffield or Durham?

Thanks in advance

JayTulip
Newly Registered

Mailing of additional documents

Post by JayTulip » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:15 pm

Hi bkarthikisc,
I was told to send the documents to Sheffield.
Again, it looks like best option is to catch that WINDOW between case getting onto the system and case being assigned a caseworker.
I am planning to send one set of statements now and one to aim for the window in the timeline. Hopefully this will cover all possible scenarios.

Good luck to you !!!

bkarthikisc

Post by bkarthikisc » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:19 pm

Thanks Jay...Wishing you luck with your Tier1