ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

March 2005 application approved

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dglynn05
Newly Registered

March 2005 application approved

Post by dglynn05 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:12 am

Hello,

I submitted my second HSMP application in early March. (My first application was refused because of insufficient evidence submitted for earnings and work experience and my apparent inability to follow the guidance notes!)

My approval letter did not state how many points I was awarded, just that my application had been approved.

Here's the timeline:

7 March 2005 - Application received by HSMP Team
15 March 2005 - Decision made to approve my application (I found this out because I called the HSMP Team called the 16th)
16 March 2005 - Date on approval letter
24 March 2005 - Received approval letter in Canada with all original documents

Points claimed: 70

What I submitted:

UNIVERSITY DEGREE
- original academic transcript from University showing degree obtained

WORK EXPERIENCE
- detailed employer reference letter on company letterhead outlining positions held, dates on which they were held and a description of job responsibilities for each role with specific emphasis that a university degree or equivalent experience is normally required for each role (I wrote the letter, my employer signed them)

- my original job offer letter from my current employer showing that the offer was conditional on having a university degree (this piece of evidence was unnecesary in my opinion given the detailed reference letter, but since I submitted it with my failed first application, I left it in)

EARNINGS
- Actual tax return for 2004
- Employer-issued supporting documents for 2004 tax return showing gross earnings
- all pay statements for 2004 and up to the end of February 2005
- all bank statements for 2004 and up to the end of February 2005 with payroll deposits highlighted
- a letter from my employer detailing gross earnings for 2004 and year-to-date earnings for 2005

I did not claim points in any of the other categories.

I packaged the application in a binder with a covering letter, table of contents and tabs to separate the different forms of evidence.

THINGS I LEARNED:

- to follow the guidance notes

- to make NO assumptions and to do your homework in preparing the application

- that you likely do not need the help of a consultant if you have a straightforward application (i.e. have all forms of evidence mentioned in the guidance notes)

- that courier service to the UK is quite expensive from this side of the globe

- that you CAN get through to the HSMP team over the phone if you dial enough times (it took me 40 to 50 attemps in the mid-morning hours, UK time) and that they WILL answer your questions about the status of your application

- that this forum was very, very helpful in the preparation of my application(s)

Thanks to all for your helpful posts.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:26 am

Congrats dglynn05 Man!

Thatz a great lesson to learn from u.

Good luck in ur EC.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:57 pm

Congratulations to you and your success. i am sure a lot of people will also learn from your lesson as what you say is very true. all the best with your application for EC, when do you intend to move and what profession are you in if i may ask

Sisil
Newly Registered

Post by Sisil » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:54 pm

I am glad that you have got it!
When did you recive your ref. N, how many days after the apl. is in them.
Best Regards
Sisil :) :)

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:01 pm

Congratulations friend.

All the best for your EC. This forum is indeed brilliant :)
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.

JhonnyECU

Post by JhonnyECU » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:30 pm

oh canada!!

great job my friend, congratulations on your organized persistance!!

the list of things you learned should be a mandatory list to consider closely for any current or future applicants, right moderators?

i wish one of the current members who is into internet hacking would be so kind to insert a link to this website directly from the HO hsmp official one. this would have benefit some of us who discovered this forum "too late"...

i think you will have no probs getting your EC. you seem to have "the right idea" of how these guys want documents to be presented, right?

what field are you in?

high five!

jhonny
:)

dglynn05
Newly Registered

Post by dglynn05 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:54 pm

Thanks, everyone.

I received acknowledgement via regular post that the HSMP Team had received my application. The acknowledgement arrived about a week after the courier company said my package had been delivered at Doncaster.

I'm planning to make the move in early August and will therefore request to have my EC post-dated to August 1st.

Currently, I work in IT Services Sales and intend to pursue similar roles in the UK.

All the best with your applications!