ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel with current BRP as new BRP is 3 months delayed

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vikkidot
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Travel with current BRP as new BRP is 3 months delayed

Post by vikkidot » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:21 pm

Hi All,

I would like to take help of your suggestions to make this decision.

We applied for Tier 2 extension ICT with same employer , below are the timelines.

11 June 2019 - We submitted application for Bio-metrics.
15 June 2019 - Bio-metric done at UKVCAS center in Croydon BedFord Lane.
21 June 2019 - Received email that the decision is made and we will get BRP(Bio-metric Resident Permit) card in 7-10 days.
10 July -2019 - Written multiple time to the BRP Delivery team for any idea on when the card will be delivered , but received few responses stating there is a technical issue in producing BRP and we do not have any idea on timeline.
15-August-2019 - Went to the Lunar Office in Croydon to ask help , but was turned away as they do not take inquiry there, also went to UKVCAS center in Croydon , they said they cannot do anything.
16-August-2019 – Asked for help from local MP , he is also trying to help me in following up with UK Home office
28-Aug-2019 - Received response on complaint that they are still having technical issue with Cards application in producing BRP.
I am suspecting this is due to NINO , but noone has told about it yet.

My family( they are all dependents) except me traveled to India in end of July hoping, I will get the BRP and will travel sometime in August, now it seems that there is no sight of BRP being produced.As the schools are about to start next week. I might have to cancel the their travel back.
The current BRP is valid till 7-Sept-2019. Now airline will not have issue in boarding from India as they can show the BRP and when arriving in UK they can show the BRP And the approval letter from Home office and the email with technical difficulty in producing BRP.
I have contacted my company HR and she said as the application is approved the old BRP in invalidated, but can home office or any authority give any letter so that they can enter with this valid old BRP. Also Read in a thread they can come as Returning residents indefinite-leave-to-remain/returning-re ... 24312.html

I need help in the making the decision should I cancel their travel or take risk of them coming here.

cprashan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Travel with current BRP as new BRP is 3 months delayed

Post by cprashan » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:06 pm

Even I have the same issue i.e. I did submit bio metrics and application for extension on 21st of June with standard service, but still haven't received neither decision letter nor BRP card. I also planned my travel for 1st week of September but still unsure about this due to the delay.. Any ideas why it takes a long time these days?