ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused citizenship because of permanent residence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NessV
Newly Registered
France

Refused citizenship because of permanent residence

Post by NessV » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:45 pm

Hi

I have recently received a letter of refusal for my application to citizenship. The letter says that I haven’t provided a document certifying permanent residence or a permanent residence card issued by the home office.

I’m baffled as I have provided the blue card of Uk residence, which I was told I could not apply for citizenship without it. Now I’m getting confused with « indefinite leave to remain » too many names, I’m just losing my mind. As an EU citizen we do have rights to remain, Brexit hasn’t happened yet.

4 of my friends have recently applied and got their citizenship and they don’t know what went wrong. I could apply for a revision of the decision but at £350 a fee, I’d rather make sure my application is flawless.

Thanks for your help

CAN anyone enlighten me. I could

World Traveller
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Refused citizenship because of permanent residence

Post by World Traveller » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:12 pm

Could it be that your case has to do with the difference between permanent residence and settled status?

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/british ... in-the-uk/

rely1458
United Kingdom

Re: Refused citizenship because of permanent residence

Post by rely1458 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:52 pm

Does the blue card specifically say "Document Certifying Permanent Residence" as its title?

There are two blue cards, one is just a registration card and it's not a valid document that certifies permanent residence.