ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP salary increase and ILR app

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samoj
Newly Registered

WP salary increase and ILR app

Post by samoj » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:36 pm

I have lodged an application based on 5 year WP and awaiting decision from the HO.

WP issued: July 03 @ 16K per annum and I had salary increases since then.

first raise: July 04: to 21000

second raise: July 05: 24600

third raise: Aug 07: to 31000 (this raise for 2 years)

Final one in Jan 08: to 36000.

My employer had a call from the HO ILR caseworker asking why my salary has gone up and my employer explained because of my performance and cost of living going up.

Despite this HO could not make a decision on my ILR on the same day service and said further enquiries need to be made.

Can you please tell me whether this salary would affect my ILR app. My solicitor says salary increase is not an issue as long as the job you doing is the same.

Markie

Re: WP salary increase and ILR app

Post by Markie » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:02 pm

As long as you doing the same work from the start then that should not be a problem. Seems to me that your employer had been very generous... :D
samoj wrote:I have lodged an application based on 5 year WP and awaiting decision from the HO.

WP issued: July 03 @ 16K per annum and I had salary increases since then.

first raise: July 04: to 21000

second raise: July 05: 24600

third raise: Aug 07: to 31000 (this raise for 2 years)

Final one in Jan 08: to 36000.

My employer had a call from the HO ILR caseworker asking why my salary has gone up and my employer explained because of my performance and cost of living going up.

Despite this HO could not make a decision on my ILR on the same day service and said further enquiries need to be made.

Can you please tell me whether this salary would affect my ILR app. My solicitor says salary increase is not an issue as long as the job you doing is the same.

AA2
Newly Registered

Post by AA2 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:08 pm

Please let me know wat is outcome of your application because i have same situation my salary increased 5% in addition to annual increase due to job title change from junior engineer to engineer.I sthis problemn to be worried.Please REPLY

Alishah

Post by Alishah » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:58 am

Please let me know the decision, coz I am in same boat, and seems would end in same fashion.
Knowledge speaks and wisdom listen

samoj
Newly Registered

ILR despite changes

Post by samoj » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:29 pm

Hey Guys

Just got my ILR stamped today on basis of 5 year WP. FYI and based on my previous post, I had salary increase of 110% and despite this I got the ILR.

I think as long as the job you doing is the same it does not matter what salary increase there is for ILR application.

Please note if you applying for WP extention then it certainly matters.

Thanks for all your support

AA2
Newly Registered

Post by AA2 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:42 pm

Congratulations on your hard earned ILR.

I am promoted from junior engineer to engineer after 22 months , doing same duties same employer same location.Is this new job or no need to inform HO?
Pleas reply