ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence of settled status in UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ScoobyLondon
United Kingdom

Evidence of settled status in UK

Post by ScoobyLondon » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:36 am

I have my wife's ILR application on Sat morning at UKVCAS London and just going through the application one last time.

Stuck on one issue - the checklist asks for "Evidence of Mr xx's settled status in UK".

I am a British citizen since birth and have uploaded my passport as part of the Mandatory documents.

Is this sufficient proof for my "settled status in UK" or is it asking for something else?

Would appreciate a swift response as appointment is 2 days away and I'm worried I may need to provide additional documentation.

thanks in advance

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Evidence of settled status in UK

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:17 am

ScoobyLondon wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:36 am

I am a British citizen since birth and have uploaded my passport as part of the Mandatory documents.

Is this sufficient proof for my "settled status in UK" or is it asking for something else?
Yes British passport is more than sufficient.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ScoobyLondon
United Kingdom

Post by ScoobyLondon » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:59 am

Thank you sooo much!

ScoobyLondon
United Kingdom

Post by ScoobyLondon » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:28 pm

Just wanted to say a big thanks to all the mods, you're doing a great job.

We submitted the ILR docs at Croydon on Sat and have just received the email notification of application success.

Will await for official confirmation letter and BRP before applying for Citizenship immediately (spouse of British citizen).

Any idea how long it takes for confirmation letter and BRP to arrive, I assume I need them both for the Citizenship application?

Good thing is, most of the documentation and scans I can reuse from the ILR application as its fresh in my mind.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:29 pm

BRP card can take 7-10 working days.

Please ask your citizenship questions in the British citizenship sub forum as the questions are not relevant to the ILR sub forum or this topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.