ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET M - very confused

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

query33
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

ILR SET M - very confused

Post by query33 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:37 pm

Hi,

Can somebody give me advice regarding my application for indefinite Leave to Remain SET (M) Spouse for I am very confused and don't know what to do. :?

Application for ILR route: 30 May 2019, using the new online SET (M) form for standard service and money paid instantly after online application. My current biometric residence permit expired on 5 June 2019.

On 4 June 2019, I went to the UKVCAS London Premium Lounge for enrolling my biometrics: photos and fingerprints. All documents except 3 documents had been uploaded before going to the UKVCAS and the lady at the London Permium Lounge allowed me to upload the remaining 3 documents at their lounge. I asked the worman staff for having a look at my photo but she did not give me a chance.

Since then, I have not received any email from the email address which I have put down on my online application form or an acknowledgement letter from the Home Office, and I have no idea whether the Home Office has received all my uploaded documents and whether my application is being processed or not.

First, I wonder whether I am an overstayer now as I have no news from the Home Office :?: Should I write to the Home Office to ask them whether they have received all my uploaded documents and processing my application?What is the postal address for dealing with ILR SET (M)? :?

In addition, how should i deal with the expired biometric residence permit?

I am very confused and am looking forward to receiving advice.

Many thanks for your generous help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR SET M - very confused

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:41 pm

Since then, I have not received any email from the email address which I have put down on my online application form or an acknowledgement letter from the Home Office, and I have no idea whether the Home Office has received all my uploaded documents and whether my application is being processed or not.
You don't get one. As you applied using the standard route, it can take up to 8 weeks, sometimes a bit longer.
First, I wonder whether I am an overstayer now as I have no news from the Home Office :?: Should I write to the Home Office to ask them whether they have received all my uploaded documents and processing my application?What is the postal address for dealing with ILR SET (M)? :?
No you are not. If you made an in time application before your visa expired, you are protected by Section 3C of the Immigration Rules, meaning your previous visa conditions continue while HO processes your application.
In addition, how should i deal with the expired biometric residence permit?
Nothing you need to do.

What is your full UK immigration history??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

query33
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by query33 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:43 pm

Hi Moderator CR001,

Many thanks for your prompt advice.

My full immigration history is as follows:

I came to the UK in Nov 2013 on a fiance visa, changed to a spouse visa in June 2014, extended it and obtained FLR(M) in Nov 2016.

Again thank you very very much for giving me advice as I am totally confused. I will wait for 8 weeks and then let's see what happens then.

Sam1199
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sam1199 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:12 pm

In the same boat as you. It’s been a month since my wife applied through standard Ukvcas service for Set M. No acknowledgement letter/email received yet. The guy at Ukvcas appointment centre said we won’t receive any confirmation email/letter. Just have to wait for 8 weeks or more. So frustrating!

Sam1199
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sam1199 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:05 pm

Any update from Home Office?
query33 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:43 pm
Hi Moderator CR001,

Many thanks for your prompt advice.

My full immigration history is as follows:

I came to the UK in Nov 2013 on a fiance visa, changed to a spouse visa in June 2014, extended it and obtained FLR(M) in Nov 2016.

Again thank you very very much for giving me advice as I am totally confused. I will wait for 8 weeks and then let's see what happens then.