ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK tier 4 visa rule

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

faranmalik786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

UK tier 4 visa rule

Post by faranmalik786 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:49 pm

Hey,
I got accepted for Master of Laws at Soas. I applied for the tier 4 visa from Pakistan this week. If anyone can guide me about a question that I was asked during the interview. They asked me about the funds I told them my father gave me the funds and that the funds are already in my own account.
He then asked about my father's salary and that is where a little confusion took place. I told him before that my father is a lawyer. I said around One hundred fifty thousand and then added that it depends on cases. He said " I know how it works in the legal businness"

He then asked about the dependants of my father I told that my sister and mother.

Given this scenario can you guide me that if this will be a problem?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: UK tier 4 visa rule

Post by sah10406 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:17 am

faranmalik786 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:49 pm
Given this scenario can you guide me that if this will be a problem?
It depends. If they think you father cannot reasonably afford to give you the money, they may suspect that it has just been deposited in your account for visa purposes, not to pay your fees and living costs.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

faranmalik786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by faranmalik786 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:48 am

I have also attached my reciept for 1st installment of accommodation. P.s I previously did my graduation from University of London (External Degree) do you think this will help? P.s I am also currently working from the last 2 years.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:15 am

It's just about whether your father's income and assets are such that it is logical and reasonable for him to give you all that money, as well as pay his other costs.

If it is, that's fine.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

faranmalik786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by faranmalik786 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:08 pm

I quoted the income a bit low. Will it affect my visa application? I have the required funds in my own personal bank account. Does this help me in anyway?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:05 pm

The application is done now. You can only wait for the outcome.