ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP card for my child not arrived at Post office

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sujeethmalava99
Newly Registered

BRP card for my child not arrived at Post office

Post by sujeethmalava99 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:15 am

Dear Team,

Me and my son have applied UK VISA on 31st-July and VISA got approved on 8th-August for both of them and then we came to UK on 19th-August.

On 22nd August we have gone to post office to collect BRP cards, but surprisingly my BRP card has arrived at post office but not for my son , so I have written a mail to "BRPCollection@homeoffice.gov.uk" then I got reply saying that...
You will not receive a BRP as your visa is valid for less than 6 months
Accordingly, you should use the Entry Clearance vignette you have been issued in your passport to enter the UK and evidence of your right to be here.
If you feel that the leave you have been issued is incorrect, please complete an online form - www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/report-problem

But when I am using above URL it was asking me to enter current BRP card number, so I am confusion to how to raise this problem.

My son having vignette sticker with less than 5 months validity and for me it is 1 month , but my question is
How my child VISA is valid less than 6 months? as me & my son got applied VISA at the same time and on same day with single set of documents and paid the fee(both IHS & Application) for 3 years.

I got the VISA for 3 Years but how my child got VISA less than 6 months??

We thought of vignette sticker is for initial entry and we have to collect the BRP card in UK but not suspected there is a mistake.

Could you please suggest me , Is there anyone with same case ?? and What we need to do next??
we have spent lot of money on application and disappointed after seeing that my child got VISA for less than 5 months.

Thanks & Regards,
Sujeet

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BRP card for my child not arrived at Post office

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:17 am

When does his passport expire?

What is the immigration status of the other parent?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sujeethmalava99
Newly Registered

Post by sujeethmalava99 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:56 pm

Dear Team,

Thank you very much for your reply.
My child passport expiry date is 20th-June 2020, My wife is on TIER-2 ICT STAFF Long term having VISA valid till 20th-Dec-2019 and recently me and my son were applied TIER-2 General - Long term 3 Years VISA as I have joined into new job.

I got VISA for 3 years but my child got vignette sticker till 23rd-Dec and he didn't get the BRP Card.

I have mailed to BRP collection team they are saying that my child complete VISA is on vignette sticker so he will not get BRP card but it is for less than 6 months.
Me & my son were applied on same day with one set of documents but we have realized there was a mistake after we got the mail from BRP Collection team.

Not sure , how he got the VISA only for less than 6 months even though we have paid IHS & application fee for 3 years and I got VISA for 3 years.

So please help us , how we will get the BRP card for my son.

Thanks & Regards,
Sujeet

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:13 pm

See immigration rules part 8 para 319I(a)(i). No error in dates. The child's visa was granted in line with the immigration rules relating to the expiry date of your spouse's visa.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ly-members
319I. Period and conditions of grant
(a) Entry clearance and leave to remain will be granted for:
(i) a period which expires on the same day as the leave granted to the parent whose leave expires first, or
(ii) Where both parents have, or are at the same time being granted, indefinite leave to remain, or have since become British citizens, leave to remain will be granted to the applicant for a period of 3 years
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sujeethmalava99
Newly Registered

Post by sujeethmalava99 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:29 pm

Dear Team,

Thank you very much for the details.What about IHS-Fee which we have paid for 3 Years?? Will they refund the amount as my child visa got issues for only 5 months.

If we want make application again we have to IHS amount again for the same period which means we need to pay double amount. Please suggest me.

Thanks & Regards,
Sujeet